+1

Cool Solas Impeller on a 2006 Challenger, advice

Has anybody put one on their boat. I have the 180 Super Charger Inter-cooled model, 215 HP

The correct Seadoo part number is 204160259 with a progressive pitch of 10 to 21. I found a chart (yea!) http://www.solas.com/newweb/pwcprodu...o=F23&SwType=1
    They are recommending SRX-CD-14/19

Any comments on the pitch change from 10/21 to 14/19?

As soon as I can get my trailer free, I am pulling my boat out the water and replacing the impeller and wear ring. So I am looking for options.

One of the reasons I got the Challenger I often have to deal with low water. So there will be times I will be sucking dirt. Would a stainless steel wear ring be worth it?

Thanks for your help in advance!

+1
    Impellers for jet boats are very tricky. While the charts that the aftermarket put out are there, they arent very accurate..... The problem is that the aftermarket companies DO NOT test impellers for sport boats/jet boats, they only make recommendations. You have to realize that you are pushing 3 to 4 times the weight of a ski through the water. There is no perfect jet bot impeller out of the box, they all will need to be tweeked to get the perfect performance.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    You have to realize that you are pushing 3 to 4 times the weight of a ski through the water. There is no perfect jet bot impeller out of the box, they all will need to be tweeked to get the perfect performance.
    You got it. That's why I am asking. When I get my boat out of the water, I plan on replacing the carbon seal and wear ring. I figured this is the most knowledgeable group on performance. I tried on my other "forum" and there is no answer there. I suspect that the rest of the crowd will come out once the weather is warmer.

dont know about correct impeller, been trying to figure out myself for speedster 200, but due to my location, shipping prices, customs etc. I cannot put a series of test.
    as far as stainless wear ring I dont think its a good idea, I ride a lot in shallow water, but being extrememly carefull still managed to suck a lot of different dirt, starting from ropes and finishing with coper electric wires that destroyed my wear ring first and then impeller too. if you have stainless ring you cannot call it "wear" anymore you will get damage to both impeller and the ring if you happen to suck some rock or alike.

Thread Information