Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Help me choose my first MOD

Last time i asked which ski to get and i was all set to get the 13' rxt-x then at the last minute switched to rxp-x 13' and couldnt be happier. Today is the first day i actually hit 70(speedo) and it felt like the ski opened up(5hrs). This ski is rediculously fun. Back to the topic i'm extremely tempted to flash the ecu as my first mod(v-tech) is there any down fall to this and will it be more noticable than say a full intake?? Appreciate the info I want the largest increase across the board without harming the ski thanks again

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    First mod needs to be a decent intercooler... before you find your new engine full of water!

Please explain sir, im def a newbie here but i have been trying to do alot of reading of old threads to get up to speed. I thought the intercooler problems were with the older models am i wrong here or is it the same ic??
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRXP View Post
    First mod needs to be a decent intercooler... before you find your new engine full of water!

+1
    Coolers installed from 10+ are garbage!

Lol nice, what should i be looking for to tell if there is a potential leak?? And assuming i got lucky with the ic what mod would you do?

Ha! maybe i should have done a little more reading after looking into it its pretty obvious the ic on the NEWER skis is not so good

+1
    Problem is..... not only do the factory intercoolers blow out, they are also very inefficient. With that being said..... any mods you do... with the Florida temps are going to require a more efficient intercooler anyway.

With a five year warranty let that bitch leak lol i realize we have very warm waters and that it will eventually have to be upgraded but the first mod? As long as i can tell if it is leaking and stay on top of it i think it can wait i plan to do several mods within the next couple months so ill move that up the list for sure, thanks for the heads up
    Problem is..... not only do the factory intercoolers blow out, they are also very inefficient. With that being said..... any mods you do... with the Florida temps are going to require a more efficient intercooler anyway.

+1
    I'm also wanting to know some "must have" mods for rxpx. I'm wanting to see speeds in the low to mid 70's. Probly the best bang for the $$ type mods . I'm new to Seadoo watercraft trying to soak in all the info I can before I pull the plug on one.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Seadooguy101 View Post
    With a five year warranty let that bitch leak lol i realize we have very warm waters and that it will eventually have to be upgraded but the first mod? As long as i can tell if it is leaking and stay on top of it i think it can wait i plan to do several mods within the next couple months so ill move that up the list for sure, thanks for the heads up
    I wouldn't be letting it leak if it were my ski. Water leaks into the air intake. Not good for the throttle body or engine.

11. +1 by:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information