Welcome riding season!!!

Out for the first ride of the year today (well was out for 3 mins last week before I had a charge hose blow off ). Freezing cold wind, choppy water but fantastic sunshine. Huge, huge smile on my face made all those cold, dark nights working with the head in the hull worth it.

So for all you guys out there still working on your ski's and wondering why we do it, I can assure you it'll all come flooding back the first time you squeeze that tiny little lever

Keep wrenching!!!!!

+1
    DITO ... can't wait

Primary Language: Sarcasm Pony Racer's Avatar
    +1
    just curious what your RPMS were at before the hose blew off with that prop..

+1
    ditto also been wrenching all winter was able to go out sunday for test runs, needs fine tuning, but i got that smile too

Quote Originally Posted by Pony Racer View Post
    just curious what your RPMS were at before the hose blew off with that prop..
    Couldn't get over 4k and boost was about 5 bars on display. Engine check light blinked too. I thought it was poor oil level limiting the revs. Checked and topped up oil and ran again. Then I could only get 1 or 2 bars showing on boost display and around 2/3k rpm. Max speed through all this was 45kmh. It was the hose from the SC to IC which came off the SC end. I had swapped all the 3" clamps to T clamps, the output from the SC has two ribs on and the new T clamp was too wide to fit between. Therefore it just slid off under boost. Replaced with new narrow clamp and saw full boost today. Max RPM showed as 8474 (peak I guess) and 63mph. It was choppy and windy so data not so reliable.

+1
    I'm getting tired of wrenching on this thing....thanks for the pep talk.

Quote Originally Posted by tornado34 View Post
    Out for the first ride of the year today (well was out for 3 mins last week before I had a charge hose blow off ). Freezing cold wind, choppy water but fantastic sunshine. Huge, huge smile on my face made all those cold, dark nights working with the head in the hull worth it.

So for all you guys out there still working on your ski's and wondering why we do it, I can assure you it'll all come flooding back the first time you squeeze that tiny little lever

Keep wrenching!!!!!
    I can almost feel my feet again after that barefoot ride! Just waiting for the shops to open so I can start the last wetsanding.

Thread Information