Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1

    Rtxt as mpg at 40

    Taking trip this summer,,what real mpg can I expect on rxtx. Cruising 40,,,,easy riding,,


  2. #2

  3. #3
    imp0ster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    5,038
    +1
    672
    believe it or not on a full tank loaded down I can get about 40 miles or so out of mine. 20 up and 20 back give or take 5 miles each way. Unfortunately the drone a 2k RPMs in the no wake zones sends me into a murderous rage.

    If you open up the intake and exhaust you'll see better economy

  4. #4
    ride it like you stole it!!! raceneked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lake Havasu, AZ
    Posts
    3,021
    +1
    840
    I have found that the 'real-time' fuel consumption in the dash can be your friend, if you don't have 'eco' mode.

    Keep the motor 'off-boost' and your range will increase signifigantly. Interestingly enough; 'eco' mode will keep your ski at about 40 mph/6K rpm...

    My GTR isn't 255/260 hp, but, under 6K is in the 5 to 6 GPH range, while 8K is 16 GPH

  5. #5
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Crest Hill, IL
    Posts
    9,512
    +1
    215
    Both my father and I (08 TX and 04 RXP) have gotten 60ish miles on a tank when running down at Mudbug, with trail groups. Most of the riding was average, because 80% of the time was cruising without boost...the other 20% was when we would come out of turns and punch it, or an impromptu rolling drag with others...Otherwise we can do 50 on a normal run with atleast 2ish bars left...

  6. #6
    I made a 30 mile run last season riding 1/3 in a 7knott zone, 1/3 in eco at 40mph and 1/3 at 90% WOT and calculated (exactly from full tank to refilled full tank) an average of 8 mpg. Riding solo with no luggage. Maybe this helps??

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. FS - Parts pics added! 2014 brand new parts at 40% off when i get ski
    By STSPERFORMANCE in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 01-18-2014, 07:34 AM
  2. towed my RXT for 20 miles at 40+MPH
    By droquette in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-21-2011, 09:32 PM
  3. Yamaha 1200 cutting off at 40 mph
    By hoodwink in forum Yamaha How To & FAQs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-10-2009, 10:51 AM
  4. Carbone seal out at 40 hrs?
    By DarthAWM in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-20-2008, 07:57 PM
  5. 15/19 3 blade weakness at 40 hours
    By jetskibill9999 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-08-2007, 09:31 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •