Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Wanted a couple more pounds of Boost

I've never hit my 8350 rev limiter (Best about 8175) so I thought since my SC has 100 hours on it I would just install a RIVA XXX charger. I thought I could pick up a couple pounds of Boost and later If I go to stage two I could get some more use out of it. There were no "prerequisites" in the Riva add for the SC but now that I have it, it says I have to install a RIVA pro series ECU, 50lb fuel injector kit, Rising rate fuel regulator and a blow off valve, or I will damage my engine. Since I have a 8350 rev limiter won't that keep me from hitting any rpms that require all those changes?? Is this just RIVA trying to sell more parts??

+1
    You will be on the limiter all the time which is horrible for your motor. The only way I can see you running that charger is by upgrading your injectors, adding a rrfpr, monitoring your afr's with at least a wideband and pitching your prop to stay off the limiter.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ATNryan View Post
    You will be on the limiter all the time which is horrible for your motor. The only way I can see you running that charger is by upgrading your injectors, adding a rrfpr, monitoring your afr's with at least a wideband and pitching your prop to stay off the limiter.
    +1. You don't need the ecu riva mentions but you do need the injectors and rising rate regulator like Ryan said.

+1
    I have a used rrfpr complete

+1
    Probably should return it and just get your supercharger rebuilt and do a drop in wheel to improve boost.

What you bought is really just overkill unless your committed to really building up your ski ($$$$$$$$$$)

Otherwise just rebuild supercharger and lightly build the motor up with a spring and retainer kit and new injectors. Then rise the RPM on the tune and pitch the prop accordingly.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by immred View Post
    I've never hit my 8350 rev limiter (Best about 8175) so I thought since my SC has 100 hours on it I would just install a RIVA XXX charger. I thought I could pick up a couple pounds of Boost and later If I go to stage two I could get some more use out of it. There were no "prerequisites" in the Riva add for the SC but now that I have it, it says I have to install a RIVA pro series ECU, 50lb fuel injector kit, Rising rate fuel regulator and a blow off valve, or I will damage my engine. Since I have a 8350 rev limiter won't that keep me from hitting any rpms that require all those changes?? Is this just RIVA trying to sell more parts??
    That charger alone will add probably 500RPM in cooler weather at least.

The stock fuel system is damn near maxxed out in stock form. If you install that big charger not only will you be all over the rev limiter, but your ski will run horribly lean and most likely blow up.

You have a couple things to do:
    1. Buy the VT1100 injectors - Since you already have the VTech ECU flash this is a perfect setup to ensure you have enough fuel to feed that big charger. The Vtech 1100 injector tune assumes a reliable static fuel pressure of 58PSI. The stock fuel pressure regulators have been known to show a big swing in variance from one to the next... this is why VTech reccommends changing to a Riva FPR so you know you are getting a true reliable 58PSI of fuel pressure.
    2. Add pitch to your prop to bring your RPM down to keep it under the 8350 rpm limit
    OR
    Get the SuperTech valve train Springs & Retainers upgrade kit so you can safely run a higher Rev Limiter.

You will get more performance out of running higher RPM on a prop with less pitch then running lower RPM on a higher pitch prop.

3. Its very good insurance to monitor your AFR so you know your ski is healthy. The Vtech tunes are getting very close to perfect AFRs but every ski is different so 1 tune work won't work for everyone.

Either which way... DO NOT run that ski with the XXX without addressing at least #1 & #2

+1
    Time to go to stage two.
    Thanks for the replies.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by immred View Post
    ...There were no "prerequisites" in the Riva add for the SC but now that I have it, it says I have to install a RIVA pro series ECU, 50lb fuel injector kit, Rising rate fuel regulator and a blow off valve, or I will damage my engine... Is this just RIVA trying to sell more parts??
    Do you mean this add: http://www.rivaracing.com/RivaStore/...%20XXX-Charger

Not sure when you bought your XXX, but that info has been there ever since I bought my XXX in late 2012.

That bit of info aside, I'll have an ecu w/ 9k VTech reflash available next month if you want to feel the power your XXX is capable of producing. But be advised, you will need several upgrades to go with it.

+1
    Bought it off this screen:
    :
    RIVA Sea-Doo XXX Supercharger (complete)

Presenting the ultimate performance supercharger for Sea-Doo 215/255/260 engines! The all new RIVA XXX-Charger is a complete supercharger assembly...

I should have clicked on header, it would have taken me to your screen.
    RS17050-SC-140-060 $1,699.95

Buy Now

+1
    Hey immred watch your idle rpm's very closely!! And i was you get an solas 15/21 impeller cause you will be on your rev limiter very havily trust me!! I have a '12 rxp-x260 with the riva stage 2 kit!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information