Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Question Question On RE B/O's

Installed these today & the right side lined up great but the left side sticks out just a bit. I know all hulls are different but did anyone else have this issue? Overall I am happy with the fit & finish though.

+1
    underneth the block off plate there is a small bolt head which the instructions says not to remove, make shure this stud is nipped up then try the block off again to see if it lies flush, i had to slighly shave the head off the bolt with an angle grinder inorder to make them sit flush to the hull, hope this helps, bill

+1
    I actually hogged the indention out on the RE. The fit of these things is horrible. I am actually making them now since fit is that bad. I`ve got over a 1/4" gap around the edges and hull. Un-acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by HOSS View Post
    I actually hogged the indention out on the RE. The fit of these things is horrible. I am actually making them now since fit is that bad. I`ve got over a 1/4" gap around the edges and hull. Un-acceptable.
    HOSS, do you have pics before you correct them?...PR...

+1
    Unfortunately no. Between the business, family life and insuring new building deal comes together, this will take a couple months.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by HOSS View Post
    mine are teh same way up around the top, i filled it with right stuff and they seem to be ok now, i think it will hold....

i was looking at mine yesterday and the bolt will need 2 b grounded off a little so my block off will lay flat & wont rock i'll seal mine across the bottom & 1/2 up the side 2 where it meets the sponsas after that the gap become 2 great & i think well above the water line + the sponsas will help 2 keep water from hitting it there

I have a question, what makes the RE's the most popular blockoffs? Are they the best performers of the ones avaiable or is it because they look better? Just curious since they cost so much more than the others.

Well I did have to grind the backing plate bolt down on both sides to make them fit better. However, the left side still sticks out just a little. The only thing I see making it flush is milling down the support plate but I'm not sure I want to do that though so I may just have to accept as is. I'll post some pics if I get a chance.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DooVa View Post
    I have a question, what makes the RE's the most popular blockoffs? Are they the best performers of the ones avaiable or is it because they look better? Just curious since they cost so much more than the others.
    the RE's are actually cheaper than the RIVA Pro Blockoffs. They are the most popular and the best performer because they extend to the back of the hull to cover the entire OPAS opening. The Rivas only go about half way and because of this they are race legal.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information