B.E.S.T. Warranty

I just learned yesterday from a reliable source that car dealers get penalized by the factory if they do too much warranty work. Anyone know if this applies to our skiis?

+1
    Nope, no such thing for us...I have 3 customers that break EVERYTHING EVERY time they ride and it has always been covered by warranty.

The last time they rode, they went over 30 minutes with the temp light on and the buzzer screaming at them.....It melted the waterbox and part of the manifold it got soooo hot. Everything downstream of the waterbox was melted!!!

3. +1 by:

+1
    What tiny is saying is get the warranty and keep her pinned at WOT!!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    Nope, no such thing for us...I have 3 customers that break EVERYTHING EVERY time they ride and it has always been covered by warranty.

The last time they rode, they went over 30 minutes with the temp light on and the buzzer screaming at them.....It melted the waterbox and part of the manifold it got soooo hot. Everything downstream of the waterbox was melted!!!
    Wow!!!!! And I was embarrassed to take my ski to Tiny for a water leak that ended up being a transom plate seal, tie down bolts, and a cooling return line!!! That takes the cake there. I am sort of a little surprised that was replaced as they could have played the whole rider/owner error card for continuing to ride like that......

First sentence is funny! As far as them still riding with an idiot light and alarm going that should be their problem! Sounds like you treat your customers well. My dealer, who is very reputable, charged me to fix a broken ride plate fitting while my ski was still covered. I got it settled with BRP but I wonder why he charged me.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by crueldude View Post

First sentence is funny! As far as them still riding with an idiot light and alarm going that should be their problem! Sounds like you treat your customers well. My dealer, who is very reputable, charged me to fix a broken ride plate fitting while my ski was still covered. I got it settled with BRP but I wonder why he charged me.
    That is why I always tell everyone to BE NICE to your dealer. We know it sucks that your ski is broken and all your friends are riding, but if your nice to us we can and will go the extra mile for you. If you come in screaming and yelling, there is no reason for us to bend over backwards..

The guys I spoke about above have all bought 5 or more skis from us so we take good care of them...

Quote Originally Posted by crueldude View Post

That is why I always tell everyone to BE NICE to your dealer. We know it sucks that your ski is broken and all your friends are riding, but if your nice to us we can and will go the extra mile for you. If you come in screaming and yelling, there is no reason for us to bend over backwards..

The guys I spoke about above have all bought 5 or more skis from us so we take good care of them...
    Yup. Ain't the dealers' fault. And everyone works for a living. No need to be abusive. I did use one dealer who was terrible but even then I didn't get abusive but I let him know I wasn't happy. Had my ski for six weeks in the busy season. He kept telling me he had started on it when he didn't. In the end he told me he shouldn't have taken it in. Shoulda told me that in the first place and I might have gone back to him. The dealer I use now is very good. Flamingo in Palmer MA. It's a long haul for me so they fix it while I wait by appointment. They even come out to my truck while I'm playing on the phone or whatever to keep me updated.

Thread Information