Thread: PWC Covers

PWC Covers

So I ended up going with the OEM cover which is a very boring Gray for my 2011 FZR. I have looked and looked out there for a cover that is a bit more personalized and frankly more closely matches my paint scheme. To say the least I never did find a Black and Lime Green cover for it, although I suppose just plain black would'nt be so bad. As it stands I ended up getting a good deal off the OEM one from Ebay and thats what I went with. Hellfire it has a good cover over it now that fits well and keeps it looking its best.

What kind of pwc covers do you all use? OEM, aftermarket, trailerable?

What should I pay if I found someone to craft me a model specific cover that is fitted and matches the color of my ski? Is there anyone out there that does it?

Whtch'all think?

Tracy

I found someone that can make the cover that I like in the colors that I like and they quoted me 450.00. Do you all think that is extravagant?

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyel1970 View Post
    I found someone that can make the cover that I like in the colors that I like and they quoted me 450.00. Do you all think that is extravagant?

I don't think that is outrageous for being custom made. I assume OEM covers are all over 200 bucks.

I dont think so either Bryan. Its going to be Black with Lime Green pipng and Waverunner FZR in black with electric green trim for the graphics. All in all will go very well with my ski.

Banned User
    +1
    Sounds like it will look awesome. Post pics if you get it!

+1
    I bought two OEM covers from Yamaha and I am very happy with the quality of them (actually that goes for all of the Yamaha accessories that I've purchased). I payed about 180.00 each after discount. I want to add that I have no experience with any other covers so I can not compare them to other brands.

I like that the covers come with a "vacuum feature" that keeps them from flapping around as I'm trailering and the fit is very good. Also, the guy down the street has the same covers on his skis and he stores them outdoors with no other protection all year and they have held up really well for being as old as they are.

I would be somewhat concerned about fading with an all black and green accent cover. If you end up getting it I would cover the cover with a tarp or store it under a roof. Spraying it with a UV protectant would hurt either. Reducing or hiding the effect of fading could be part of the reasoning behind the gray color scheme Yamaha has chosen.

+1
    I just replaced my 10yr old Slippery cover (03 XLT) , with the another Slippery cover. I found a NOS cover for great price & was very please with the fit & quality of the original cover I was replacing.

The new Slippery cover (matching box, tags, etc=correct) cover I received was way to tight/short to fit my XLT.
    It might fit an XL or 800, but it def, no way in the world will fit my 03 XLT. (f/s BNIB if anyone is interested.)

So, I'm on the search for a proper cover that hopefully isn't $200
    Last edited by RaiderMagic; 05-05-2014 at 08:44 AM.

Thread Information