Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
  1. #1
    eb87's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    South East Coast
    Posts
    566
    +1
    25

    Oil jet mod not worth the hassle

    so while I had the motor out and the PTO housing removed to change the flywheel bolts I decided to do the oil jet mod everyone talks about. Ordered all the stuff and new taps since I didn't have such a thing. After lots of measuring and checking, including putting the SC in the PTO housing to align the jet, I put everything back together and all went smoothly, engine back in, everything hooked up and routed, zipped tied etc. While I had the engine out decided to replace everything that was corroded, all new ABA worm clamps 316 steel, all new hoses, new depth finder, VTS motor and whatever else I already forgot about. Got the SC back from Jerry yesterday, went to put it back in and NOOOOOO it won't slide back in. The oil jet tab for the bolt somehow moved and prevents the SC from going all the way in.

    What this means is, if you are a rec rider don't waste your time and money, it's not worth it.


  2. #2
    Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    9,202
    +1
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by eb87 View Post
    What this means is, if you are a rec rider don't waste your time and money, it's not worth it.
    I completely disagree! If you had installed it properly, you wouldn't have an issue getting your charger to go back in


  3. #3
    Matatan tocullo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    VISTA AL RIO FL
    Posts
    1,725
    +1
    69
    Sorry for your mistake but you have to put the SC in place, measure and align the oil jet accordingly BEFORE puting it back on tje engine!! If done right it takes 20Min.

  4. #4
    Matatan tocullo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    VISTA AL RIO FL
    Posts
    1,725
    +1
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRXP View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by eb87 View Post
    What this means is, if you are a rec rider don't waste your time and money, it's not worth it.
    I completely disagree! If you had installed it properly, you wouldn't have an issue getting your charger to go back in
    You beat me to it!

  5. #5
    krouchchocolate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,224
    +1
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by tocullo View Post
    Sorry for your mistake but you have to put the SC in place, measure and align the oil jet accordingly BEFORE puting it back on tje engine!! If done right it takes 20Min.
    I agree with this man!

  6. #6
    canuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The wet left coast.
    Posts
    1,088
    +1
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by krouchchocolate View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tocullo View Post
    Sorry for your mistake but you have to put the SC in place, measure and align the oil jet accordingly BEFORE puting it back on tje engine!! If done right it takes 20Min.
    I agree with this man!
    Same here I installed the charger into the case to align the oil jet nozzle before reinstalling on the engine.

  7. #7
    Eastside Powersports Slow 91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    River Crew CT
    Posts
    4,248
    +1
    544
    I havnt seen any gains from the oil jet mod. I ran a 07 RXT with a 68-140 for 200 hours (granted we rebuilt the charger every 75 hours)

  8. #8
    Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    9,202
    +1
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow 91 View Post
    I havnt seen any gains from the oil jet mod. I ran a 07 RXT with a 68-140 for 200 hours (granted we rebuilt the charger every 75 hours)
    BRP certainly wouldn't have spent the time & $$$ for no reason to change the design in 08!

  9. #9
    Sturm215's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lakeland florida
    Posts
    1,893
    +1
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow 91 View Post
    I havnt seen any gains from the oil jet mod. I ran a 07 RXT with a 68-140 for 200 hours (granted we rebuilt the charger every 75 hours)
    Take that turd on some choppy water then tell me how those slip washers look

  10. +1 by:


  11. #10
    eb87's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    South East Coast
    Posts
    566
    +1
    25
    The intent of my post was not to have someone tell me I did something wrong, that much is painfully clear. I did align the jet before installing the PTO, everything fit, then I did something wrong, thanks for pointing that out. IMO the time, effort, money and the possibility of making a mistake and having to start all over vs whatever benefit there is to the oil jet simply isn't worth it for a rec rider. The SC had 120 hours and had no issues with the old style jet. Not everyone has time to pull engines.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. First oil change could not remove the oil filter!
    By oldnick in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-29-2013, 09:21 AM
  2. Do not use the washer mod
    By lasportsmn in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-05-2012, 12:37 PM
  3. Worth the rebuild or not? (99 GSX-L)
    By maniacal_rick in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-28-2011, 02:22 PM
  4. Rotax Oil Pressure Jet, necessary to pull the head off?
    By excess in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-01-2006, 10:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •