Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Oil jet mod not worth the hassle

so while I had the motor out and the PTO housing removed to change the flywheel bolts I decided to do the oil jet mod everyone talks about. Ordered all the stuff and new taps since I didn't have such a thing. After lots of measuring and checking, including putting the SC in the PTO housing to align the jet, I put everything back together and all went smoothly, engine back in, everything hooked up and routed, zipped tied etc. While I had the engine out decided to replace everything that was corroded, all new ABA worm clamps 316 steel, all new hoses, new depth finder, VTS motor and whatever else I already forgot about. Got the SC back from Jerry yesterday, went to put it back in and NOOOOOO it won't slide back in. The oil jet tab for the bolt somehow moved and prevents the SC from going all the way in.

What this means is, if you are a rec rider don't waste your time and money, it's not worth it.

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by eb87 View Post
    What this means is, if you are a rec rider don't waste your time and money, it's not worth it.
    I completely disagree! If you had installed it properly, you wouldn't have an issue getting your charger to go back in

+1
    Sorry for your mistake but you have to put the SC in place, measure and align the oil jet accordingly BEFORE puting it back on tje engine!! If done right it takes 20Min.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRXP View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by eb87 View Post
    I completely disagree! If you had installed it properly, you wouldn't have an issue getting your charger to go back in
    You beat me to it!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tocullo View Post
    Sorry for your mistake but you have to put the SC in place, measure and align the oil jet accordingly BEFORE puting it back on tje engine!! If done right it takes 20Min.
    I agree with this man!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by krouchchocolate View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tocullo View Post
    I agree with this man!
    Same here I installed the charger into the case to align the oil jet nozzle before reinstalling on the engine.

+1
    I havnt seen any gains from the oil jet mod. I ran a 07 RXT with a 68-140 for 200 hours (granted we rebuilt the charger every 75 hours)

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow 91 View Post
    I havnt seen any gains from the oil jet mod. I ran a 07 RXT with a 68-140 for 200 hours (granted we rebuilt the charger every 75 hours)
    BRP certainly wouldn't have spent the time & $$$ for no reason to change the design in 08!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow 91 View Post
    Take that turd on some choppy water then tell me how those slip washers look

10. +1 by:

+1
    The intent of my post was not to have someone tell me I did something wrong, that much is painfully clear. I did align the jet before installing the PTO, everything fit, then I did something wrong, thanks for pointing that out. IMO the time, effort, money and the possibility of making a mistake and having to start all over vs whatever benefit there is to the oil jet simply isn't worth it for a rec rider. The SC had 120 hours and had no issues with the old style jet. Not everyone has time to pull engines.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information