Hull Question on FX SHO (Nano Excel)

Was curious to know if theses hulls are made of a synthetic fiberglass or not. I was told by a fiberglass boat repair shop that he couldn't repair the hull because fiberglass will not stick. He said only one guy around where i live can repair it but this guy charges triple of what everyone else would. Is this true about the fiberglass?

ik heb hier in Belgie een ongeval gehad met mijn jet een dronken man is op onze trailer gereden er war grote schade aan mijn jet die 3 maand oud was en 32 uur op de teller had nu is hij bijna hersteld met epoxy hars ik heb hechttesten laten uitvoeren op de smc hull en epoxy had heel goede hechting ik krijg zelfs de garantie op de werken aan de achterzijde was een gat van 20cmx20cm de ondekant was volledig gesleten van op de autostrade te glijden maar nu is alles hersteld met epoxy met een glasvlies in met polyester is er geen hechting op smc

+1
    I just had my pump tunnel repaired by a boat builder, we used west systems 105 epoxy resin with a 205 hardener
    he was also sceptical about this, but after being in contact with a few composite manufacturers they assured us the west systems epoxy would do the job.

the guy that done my tunnel actually done a test patch, he ground the hull with a course disc, and layed up two 2x2" glass patches, I went round the next day and he couldn't pull it away, In fact the only way he got it off was with a hammer and chisel even then you could see the nano hull fibres tearing away. This was enough to please him.

its all about the preparation, making sure the surface is ground rough enough for the epoxy to bond, and also make sure the epoxy to hardener ratio is perfect.

I've since had my FZR out running full noise! and not yet had an ounce of de-lamination or splitting.
    i know some may disagree that a nano can be repaired using traditional epoxy methods but, I've got mine fixed and running up the hours with no problems.

+1
    as fas as i can tell it says there is saurkraut in his lederhosen. hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by miguel belgium View Post
    ik heb hier in Belgie een ongeval gehad met mijn jet een dronken man is op onze trailer gereden er war grote schade aan mijn jet die 3 maand oud was en 32 uur op de teller had nu is hij bijna hersteld met epoxy hars ik heb hechttesten laten uitvoeren op de smc hull en epoxy had heel goede hechting ik krijg zelfs de garantie op de werken aan de achterzijde was een gat van 20cmx20cm de ondekant was volledig gesleten van op de autostrade te glijden maar nu is alles hersteld met epoxy met een glasvlies in met polyester is er geen hechting op smc

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by miguel belgium View Post
    Translation......
    I have here in Belgium had an accident with my jet a drunken man is our trailer driven where there was extensive damage to my jet that was 3 months old, and 32 hours on the counter now he is almost recovered with epoxy resin I attach tests show perform the smc hull and epoxy had very good adhesion, I even get a warranty on the work at the back was a gap of 20cmx20cm the incompetent side was completely worn to slip from the highway, but now everything is repaired with epoxy with a glass fleece with polyester, there is no adhesion to smc

Thanks I actually dropped it off earlier today with a guy who said hey could fix it. He did say he uses a Epoxy Resin to fix it. Hopefully all goes good.

Is there anything special I should look for when I pick my ski up to make sure it was done right?

Thanks everyone for all the help with your replies.

Thread Information