vxs glovebox stereo pics...

had a request a while back about my stereo install...so heres some assorted pics...i tried other options like mp3 and such but being oldschool i want a stereo...got this stereo from wallyworld...it has the lil micro card for loading your own tunes...it fit very snuggly in glovebox and no mounts are needed at all as it goes in TIGHT...still enough room for gatorade,wallet,keys.phone,etc....i even have a telescopic fm antenna mounted in rear of ski behind beer bag just in case i need the extra reception out in the sticks....2 speakers mounted in mirror housing,2 speakers on cowling and 2 speakers inside storage compartment....cant hear it worth a damn under way on account of the dual exhaust and wind noise but beached on the hill it rocks for hours on end with a fully charged spare battery that i have mounted behind the electrical box inside ski...extra battery also powers up other add ons as well...shes only rock-n-roll though...NO HILLBILLY STOMP...

That should jam!!!

im about to do aims thjng similar. Just doing two kicker powersports powered by a pxi50.2 though

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by oldschool69 View Post
    had a request a while back about my stereo install...so heres some assorted pics...i tried other options like mp3 and such but being oldschool i want a stereo...got this stereo from wallyworld...it has the lil micro card for loading your own tunes...it fit very snuggly in glovebox and no mounts are needed at all as it goes in TIGHT...still enough room for gatorade,wallet,keys.phone,etc....i even have a telescopic fm antenna mounted in rear of ski behind beer bag just in case i need the extra reception out in the sticks....2 speakers mounted in mirror housing,2 speakers on cowling and 2 speakers inside storage compartment....cant hear it worth a damn under way on account of the dual exhaust and wind noise but beached on the hill it rocks for hours on end with a fully charged spare battery that i have mounted behind the electrical box inside ski...extra battery also powers up other add ons as well...shes only rock-n-roll though...NO HILLBILLY STOMP...

No offense but this is a very poor job. Looks like it was just tossed in there. Go to the Videos and Pictures forum and look up PWC stereos for all ski's and you will see a much nicer setup with no drilling or mods to the ski's.
    Last edited by Oheezy404; 04-07-2014 at 06:17 AM.

couldve been a lot worse...almost said the hell with it and strapped on my vintage 70s 8 track boom box along with a couple roadmaster 6x9s ......but then realized i aint got no room for my crushed velvet 8 track suitcase or my headphones with the emroidered KISS patch....haaaaaaaaaa...cant win for losing...now if i can rig up my clap-on clap-off gadget so i dont have to open glovebox to turn the damn thing on i will be set....

5. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by oldschool69 View Post
    couldve been a lot worse...almost said the hell with it and strapped on my vintage 70s 8 track boom box along with a couple roadmaster 6x9s ......but then realized i aint got no room for my crushed velvet 8 track suitcase or my headphones with the emroidered KISS patch....haaaaaaaaaa...cant win for losing...now if i can rig up my clap-on clap-off gadget so i dont have to open glovebox to turn the damn thing on i will be set....
    I hope you enjoy the getto ridge job. I promise you will be loving it on the water. You will turn heads everywhere with your new tunes. Enjoy

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    I have to agree with oheezy on this,on the wiring job, you are asking for all kinds of problems using twist connectors, you have to remember that this is subject to lots of moisture and vibrations, not to mention 16 gallons of fuel close by, all wiring connections should be soldered and sealed.....IMO....

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic6801 View Post
    I have to agree with oheezy on this,on the wiring job, you are asking for all kinds of problems using twist connectors, you have to remember that this is subject to lots of moisture and vibrations, not to mention 16 gallons of fuel close by, all wiring connections should be soldered and sealed.....IMO....
    ya know what...i didnt think about it that way...even though ive got a continuous running bilge blower it would be my luck that the vibrations in due time would work loose a wire nut and un twist a hot wire connection and cause an arc and ignite a lil gas fume and ....BOOOM...A 10K FLOATING ROMAN CANDLE...not gonna sauder everything but will go back through it with a can of brush on electrical tape and cover everything except speaker wire connections....never seen a speaker wire arc...appreciate you guys looking out for me...headin to the barn to do a lil brushing right now...

+1
    You wouldn't have to solder anything. I would use the male / female bullet connectors then heat shrink over them, when you have to remove or troubleshoot anything, use a razor blade to cut the heat shrink. I go overboard and use marine connectors on everything, then liquid tape then marine heat shrink.

Thread Information