Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Has the ever been a PWC that....

I have at least 3-5 boneheaded customers a week that say "oh do you still put the ski in reverse to clear the sea grass out" ....at that point I'm already probably fed up so much that I don't even want the person to ride my ski any more.

Please guys, help me regain my sanity, has there ever been a ski in the history of jet propelled water craft that cleared itself by "putting it in reverse".....

Ps: yes I understand what a reverse gate does

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by kwtony View Post
    I have at least 3-5 boneheaded customers a week that say "oh do you still put the ski in reverse to clear the sea grass out" ....at that point I'm already probably fed up so much that I don't even want the person to ride my ski any more.

Please guys, help me regain my sanity, has there ever been a ski in the history of jet propelled water craft that cleared itself by "putting it in reverse".....

Ps: yes I understand what a reverse gate does

+1
    I have had that trick work sometimes.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    I have had that trick work sometimes.

I have had it work a few times too. I have also gotten it up on plane enough to where it has cleared itself. Chopped salad through the jet pump.

5. +1 by:

I have used reverse as well to try and remove seagrass but only about 1/20 tries does it even work. I think the water moving backwards over the grate might be the reason it can eventually dislodge itself. But if it sucks through or goes out after a lot of blasts in reverse...i have to ask the question, on if it was really stuck in the first palce...

Im not specifically saying there isnt a one in twenty chance youll unclog it. But were there ever direct instructions to put the ski in reverse in order to clear it out. Because that seems to be the first thing people say or do. I litterally have to convice some people that the only proper way to clear grass is to get their happy ass in the water.

Banned User
    +1
    I agree. 9 out of 10 times I end up going for a swim

+1
    I'm guilty of trying this trick as well and like stated before sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I learned this way by someone I was riding with telling me to try it when I had a clog cutting through some marshes.

+1
    i have had it work about 50 % of the time by getting my jet boat moving as fast as possible in revers the killing the motors and opening the revers gate so the water washes the wrong way in the jet pump and pushes it all out the way it came in

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    i've found in my limited experience that using reverse at the boat ramp tends to stir up all kinds of stuff, which quickly ends up in the pump.

of course some folks believe that the weed/grat on seadoo boats is some kinda reverse......

mostly around my part of town we get hundreds of feet of fishline, bags fromt eh ice machines and the ocassional full roll of trash bags wrapped around the shaft.

I tell folks to stay off the shoreline, get a sand anchor or two and simply watch where they are going..specially if they are pulling a tube or waterskis

works..mostly.

+1
    I sucked up and shot out a few seashells in my old 2007 RXT. Probably the reason its top speed went from 63 to 58 in 3 years.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information