Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2014 yamaha fzs 10hour service ???

So my new ski will be due it's 1st 10hour service soon, could any1 tell me what gets done on this service and roughly what am I looking at to be paying thank you

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    The info is in the Paper work you got with your ski...always a good idea to read through it if you arent familiar with your PWC.......RTFM.....

+1
    Do a search on service,buy yourself an oil extractor and with the money you save doing it yourself. The money you will save will buy a few tanks of gas.

4. +1 by:

+1
    OK here it goes, Walmart has an Atwood oil extractor for about $25, an oem oil for about $21, and 4 quarts of amsoil 10w-40 pwc synthetic for about $50 shipped. Initial cost of about $100 but only $70 each time after. Then the lfra7 spark plugs are about $8 each shipped. Get rid of the paper filter and get a washable one.

6. +1 by:

+1
    Wouldn't doing the service without documentation to prove it cause an issue with warranty? His 2014 would at least have 1 year factory warranty.

I work in automotive and with all automotive warranties the manufacturer would not accept parts receipts only, they require proof that it was performed. So a receipt from a dealer or a repair shop

Quote Originally Posted by Boogzilla View Post
    Wouldn't doing the service without documentation to prove it cause an issue with warranty? His 2014 would at least have 1 year factory warranty.

I work in automotive and with all automotive warranties the manufacturer would not accept parts receipts only, they require proof that it was performed. So a receipt from a dealer or a repair shop
    So make a video showing the vin also... Lol

+1
    The dealer i bought it from said it wouldnt unless the found it to be the cause.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogzilla View Post

"With all automotive warranties the manufacturer would not accept parts receipts only". Really, all.....? I'm curious what part of the automotive industry you work in.

It states in the 2014 fzs manual that "It is recommended to have a Yamaha dealer change the oil and the engine oil filter. However, if you choose to change the oil and filter on your own, consult a Yamaha dealer." The manual also states "a service manual is available for purchase through a Yamaha dealer for owners who have the mechanical skills, tools, and other equipment necessary to perform maintenance not covered by this owner's/operator's manual".

I actually did consult my local Yamaha dealership when it came time to change my oil and they just told me what items I needed and gave me a tip on getting the most oil out as I could.

You can't void a warranty if one does not bring something into a dealer for service. Magnuson moss act.

Now if one performs work themselves and causes the problem and that can be proven. Well that's different

my dealer wants 375$ for first service.

+1
    I've worked with Mazda, Kia, Honda and Mitsubishi. None of those manufacturers would accept maintenance not done at a legitimate repair facility. It's because they carry a 5 year warranty (10 yr for Mitsubishi) and maintenance is more important for that time span. I guess for the 1 year standard warranty offered on PWCs doesn't really require a whole lot of maintenance in that time so they don't require proof.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information