Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

Manual reverse install

Install is underway of the manual reverse. Started by taking the upper section off, not too difficult to do. Then built the part that mounts on the outside. So far not to hard just a lot of small pieces

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	71.1 KB 
ID:	326222
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Views:	219 
Size:	86.7 KB 
ID:	326220   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	196 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	326221  

+1
    Sorry for the upside down pictures, my phone won't upload them correctly, it always flips them

+1
    Keep us updated as I'm considering doing this myself

+1
    To start the process on the rear you have to take out the impeller and all that fun stuff, not to hard to do. 3 bolts hold it on and then disconnect the steering cable. It may take some wiggling but it will come out.

Name:	IMG_1656.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	28.6 KB 
ID:	326317

Next is to attach the mounts for the reverse flap, as you can see on the left and right side they just bolt into existing holes.

Name:	IMG_1657.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	326318

Now they have you drill a hole in the top right to feed the wire through to control the flap. There are to bolts as you can see on that bracket, you have to take them off to attach the wire so now is a good time to do this.

Name:	IMG_1658.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	326319

Now with the whole drilled you can start to piece back the impeller. One thing to note, when putting it back on make sure the steering cable is in-between the new bracket and the impeller or else it won't reach where it needs to go. Then you can feed the cable for the flap through the inside of the hull through the drilled hole then attach all necessary hardware. You can see it assembled in the top right of the bellow picture.

Name:	IMG_1659.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	67.6 KB 
ID:	326320

Here is just a picture from the front.

Name:	IMG_1660.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	75.9 KB 
ID:	326321

+1
    I previously assembled the flap assembly as you can see in my first picture, i didn't get any close ups but here is one thing i had a problem with. These grey washer like things are supposed to fit inside three wholes on the flap. They do not just "slide in" like they say. I had to bore out the whole some more to get them to fit properly. A bit of a pain but not to bad.

Name:	IMG_1661.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	66.0 KB 
ID:	326322

Here is the flap assembly getting bolted to the mounts you attached on the impeller. 2 bolts on the right hand side and one on the left. Once bolts are in you can connect the cable on the right side to the whole at the top of the bracket. You can somewhat see it in the picture bellow, it is the bracket sticking up at the top where it will be attached.

Name:	IMG_1664.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	326324

Once the right side is attached put the bolt in the left if you haven't already, then put the flap in the up position. This will help when you have to attach the spring. They best way i found to do this is attached the spring to the flap part first then pull on it or use pliers to pull it down to the part attached to the ski

Name:	IMG_1665.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	326325

More to come when i finish it tonight
    Last edited by Hermanesfd; 04-08-2014 at 11:31 AM.

+1
    Thanks this is the exact write up I was looking for, I may try this in the summer. I checked with my dealer and he told me warrantee on the parts is 90 days but the ski warrantee is not affected if I do the install myself so I'm looking at doing it myself
    thanks again nice write up

+1
    Nice job with write up and pics.Thank u for taking your time to do this.Todd

+1
    Was wondering if you know the torque specs for both the top deck and pump bolts. Would like to get the reverse kit next month.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by xplayer2885 View Post
    Was wondering if you know the torque specs for both the top deck and pump bolts. Would like to get the reverse kit next month.
    It doesn't say in the instructions they give you, although for the top deck I'd figure about 5n/m and for the pump probably around 22 n/m.

If your thinking about getting it I'd do it, although I wouldn't say this is a simple or easy install. If you can take your time and stay organized with all the parts and know how to use some tools then it can easily be done yourself. I did it with another friend of mine and the two of us I'd say are above average for mechanical skills and it took about 7 hours over 2 days.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by doneuald View Post
    Thanks this is the exact write up I was looking for, I may try this in the summer. I checked with my dealer and he told me warrantee on the parts is 90 days but the ski warrantee is not affected if I do the install myself so I'm looking at doing it myself
    thanks again nice write up

Have you taken delivery of your Spark yet??

Here is a little known fact that took effect this year. If you include the accessories in the purchase price of the unit and it is on the deal/sales order, it is warrantied for the time that the unit is warrantied for. It does mean that the dealer needs to install it, but if you buy the extended warranty, then the reverse kit would be covered for the life of the extended warranty.

11. +1 by:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information