+1

frankensteins 1999 seadoo GTI exhaust overheating

I got an issue with an 1999 seadoo GTI. Normaly it suppose to have an 720 engine with a single carb in it. For some reason this one has an 580 with twin carbs in it. The exhaust seems to be from a 657. the exhaust is in two parts, hold together by a diffuser, a rubber band. the engine itself cools very well, but it seems to overheat the exhaust pipe, melting the diffuser. I checked the water hoses and all of them have clear passage, nothing clogged or something. I'm planning to drill another fitting so I can split the intake water and let it flow direct in the pipe to cool it down. On the exploded view of the exhaust I noticed the waterhose splits in two and gets connected at the rear of the pipe. This pipe doesn't have this fitting. It has two on the side. I don't know the past of this machine and I'm helping a friend of mine to make it work. Any info or help?

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    If i remember , it should have a Barbed water line fitting at the top of the pipe and one at the stinger end of the pipe

+1
    thats how I remember these pipes too. this one has two on the side.of the headpipe. one waterline conects to it and a second one come from a T fiting from the main waterline. as far as I know it suppose to have on at the rear of the head pipe. its not there. seems there never have been either. I'm really confused from wich engune this pipe is. before I drill and place a barbed fitting, I want to know if it wont overheat the engine, since the engjne itself cools very well. also from the pisser at the back, I could notice a large stream of water. my 96 xp doesnt throw the water that far away like the gti. So I hope that a lttle less flow wont hurt the engine. the stinger gets water from the head. very strange to see that, because I remember the one kn the head goes to the drain at the rear.

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    Post a picture for us. It doesn't sound like an oem pipe

+1
    The exhaust is stock. Its from a 650. I fixed the issue. Someone in the past placed the hoses from the water intake wrong. Since the 00 gti hull has the rear flush valve, I noticed that the intake water came from there. And the exit water hose was connected to the pressure tube. Since the engine received cool water, the exhaust wasn't and not enough water either. It was a quick fix and it runs fine now. Still too slow for me, but the guy ahs fun with his kids on it and that's whats counts.

Thread Information