Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ECU for SVHO

+1

ECU for SVHO

So it seems everyone says to go with ECU flash. I have already picked up a second gauge cluster and plan to mate that up with another ECU. This way my stock one and gauge match up and will not cause me any warranty issues. What is the going price for a second ECU probably look for a SHO as the flashing for the SVHO ecu is still being worked on.

The other option seems to be the MoTeC. I like the unit and that it can integrate with GPS, Wideband and Logging plus keeps all stock functionality. Only thing is what are the tuning options? Is there a decent prebuilt tune for the SVHO? While it would be great for the long term being able to tune and make changes as I add mods, the Flash seems the easiest method as it is a proven tune and unless a stock ECU is really pricey it seems like the more cost effective route.

Cooling will upgraded with a fizzle or riva IC in addition to air intake, exhaust, Intake Grate, & Nose cone right off the bat and then will work up from there. Basically I just want to unlock the potential of the 14 FZR that yamaha las locked down from the factory.

+1

R&D has been working on the 2014 ECU for months now. I have used the 2014 SVHO for quite a while now and it works well. They have tunes R1-R3 and even an R4 (100 octane tune). Speeds have been in the 80-85 mph range depending on the tune and desired RPM. These speeds were achieved using the stock wheel and intercooler. The one thing you need to do to the 2014 is add a ton of extra cooling, not only to the intercooler but the motor.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetjammer121 View Post
    R&D has been working on the 2014 ECU for months now. I have used the 2014 SVHO for quite a while now and it works well. They have tunes R1-R3 and even an R4 (100 octane tune). Speeds have been in the 80-85 mph range depending on the tune and desired RPM. These speeds were achieved using the stock wheel and intercooler. The one thing you need to do to the 2014 is add a ton of extra cooling, not only to the intercooler but the motor.
    Any realistic idea when this will be availbe to the public?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by STSPERFORMANCE View Post
    I am considering this, but at the price plus the Wideband and GPS add on its a bit pricey. And does not have the 10% discount apply to it.. But if I did go this route how is the canned tunes for the SVHO? I would want a great starting base for the stock/basic mods and then from there be able to tweak. Not looking to spend hours just to get it running like the stock ecu.

I'm stuck on a cruise ship at the moment (Thankfully I have a Royal Account so I get free Satellite internet, but thru the corp proxy) so when I get back on land in a few days I am going to want to get my order placed as I am sure the stock limiter will drive me mad.

+1
    Called r&d on mon the reflashs are available now, they have them on there website, that's what they told me but give them a call just to make sure,

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skizzott View Post
    Called r&d on mon the reflashs are available now, they have them on there website, that's what they told me but give them a call just to make sure,
    Correct! R&D is currently doing SVHO ECU's in R1, R2 and R3 versions. All are available at a discount through the forums online store

R&D SVHO ECU R1 Reprogramming Service

Requirements for this ECU reflash are R&D Cooling Kit, R&D Q50 Blow-off Valve, R&D Ti Valve Spring Retainer Kit R&D Performance Products USA att:...
    802-SVHO R1 $749.95
    Sale: $674.96
    10% discount

Buy Now
    R&D SVHO ECU R2 Reprogramming Service

Requirements for the ECU reflash are R&D Cooling Kit, R&D Q50 Blow-off Valve, Super Single Valve Spring Kit R&D Performance Products USA att: Order...
    802-SVHO R2 $749.95
    10% discount

Buy Now
    R&D SVHO ECU R3 Reprogramming Service

Requirements for the ECU reflash are R&D Cooling Kit, R&D Intercooler, R&D Q50 Blow-off Valve, Super Single Valve Spring Kit R&D Performance Products...
    802-SVHO R3 $749.95
    10% discount

Buy Now

Thanks for the update Jerry.

9. +1 by:

+1
    HI
    I will be putting up a good start file for the SVHO this week.
    Happy to help you dial it in to whatever mods you got.

Cheers

Pete

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTeC Pete View Post
    HI
    I will be putting up a good start file for the SVHO this week.
    Happy to help you dial it in to whatever mods you got.

Cheers

Pete

Awesome.. Now I just need to find good deal on one..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information