Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

gprxp driveshaft help

Currently building a gprxp. I have a 2001 gp1200r hull with a 2005 rxp donor ski. I ordered the waterbox from tdr and the mounts from addicted but I can't figure out the driveshaft. I see conversion skis with the 2000-2001 intermediate shaft but the only people offering the mod want a 2002 and up intermediate shaft. What exactly is done to the shafts that makes a difference between the years.

I'm going stealth with my gprxp, I plan to mount the dess post inside the hull and wire in the factory yamaha kill switch for riding. I'm thinking a toggle on the buzzer so I don't give it away when starting it up.

+1
    Addicted can fix you up with the driveshaft mod

You using the Seadoo pump or Yamaha?

+1
    yamaha pump, I'm hoping to use the 2001 intermediate shaft like others have though. Addicted wants the 2002-08 shaft

+1
    Teds shaft uses the earlier mid shaft like you have, but upon calling him he advised me against using the yamaha 155 pump due to cavitation out of the hole, and to use the seadoo pump. I am doing the same build as you except 05 rxt and the cheapest way is to buy preferably used 02-07 midshaft (not tapered like yours) and send your doo and yami shafts to addicted

+1
    what's involved with using a seadoo pump?

+1
    Pump adapter, custom driveshaft, and he was also talking about a 2-3in pump extension that (someone else hopefully will chime in) he said it hooks up very well.. but it's $$$. He advised me to use addicted's shaft due to budget concerns... he deals with allot of race boats...which mine won't be
    Last edited by xxx2; 04-09-2014 at 03:00 PM.

+1
    The early model intermediate shaft has the splines 2" further forward vs the later model I shaft with the splines 2" further rearward. The typical set up by Addicted consists of the RXP drive shaft combined with a later model intermediate shaft to make the front shaft. Then you go with a Yamaha pump with the 30" driveshaft, and run the 2" extension housing between the transom and wear ring. This set-up works well, and the midwall/midshaft bearing assy remains in the stock location. Only difference on older boats is adding the 2" extension and extending the trim/steering cables.

OsideBill used to make the cable extensions, but he passed away. I am now making the cable extensions and have them in stock if anyone is interested

+1
    Damn wish I would of known you were making the cable extensions now lol I had to find an alternative to them wasn't easy

+1
    so I need to switch the pump out? What pump do I get and how much are the cable extensions? Where do I get the 2" extension housing?

Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    The early model intermediate shaft has the splines 2" further forward vs the later model I shaft with the splines 2" further rearward. The typical set up by Addicted consists of the RXP drive shaft combined with a later model intermediate shaft to make the front shaft. Then you go with a Yamaha pump with the 30" driveshaft, and run the 2" extension housing between the transom and wear ring. This set-up works well, and the midwall/midshaft bearing assy remains in the stock location. Only difference on older boats is adding the 2" extension and extending the trim/steering cables.

OsideBill used to make the cable extensions, but he passed away. I am now making the cable extensions and have them in stock if anyone is interested

+1
    You don't have to switch your pump out, but the 05+ ho pump is preferred, I'm going to try and buy a used ho pump (optional) and just call wfo, first of the week

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information