Stumped with TS1000 Monte Carlo.

I have a TS 1000 Monte carlo. I'm trying to convert it to premix. problem I'm running into is it seems I need to pull the motor, take off base plate. The next problem is if I pull motor, I don't have an alignment tool to put back in. Can the pump run dry? I am a little worried because it links to my crank. What are my options?

Banned User
    +1
    Just keep the oil injection and check/replace all of the oil lines and clamps. Properly maintained the oil injection systems are very reliable. Its always lines that fail not the pumps.

+1
    You are correct. I'm a ex shark dealer from way back (lucky me lol). The be plate on the triples have a lip that covers the bottom bolts on the stator cover. Pita to get bendix or oil pump out. I would second Bryanp and keep the oil injection. Rare that the actual pumps go out on about any ski. It's usually old lines that fail. Replace all your lines and keep it and ride. The 900-1100 are great motors as well as the twins from Suzuki in all the sharks. I still buy them when I find them for sale (soft spot) these motors are pretty bullet proof if you keep them maintained

Quote Originally Posted by porschemaniac View Post
    You are correct. I'm a ex shark dealer from way back (lucky me lol). The be plate on the triples have a lip that covers the bottom bolts on the stator cover. Pita to get bendix or oil pump out. I would second Bryanp and keep the oil injection. Rare that the actual pumps go out on about any ski. It's usually old lines that fail. Replace all your lines and keep it and ride. The 900-1100 are great motors as well as the twins from Suzuki in all the sharks. I still buy them when I find them for sale (soft spot) these motors are pretty bullet proof if you keep them maintained
    ok this is where i have my next issue. i picked this ski up for 450. it needed work, the gas filler cap was already glassed over.the previous owner was filling it up with a capped pvc pipe( i took that out and rerouted the gas filler to the oil cap. with gas rated hose and aluminum piping.) any suggestions? My only thought is to use that pvc shorten it drill a hole into the hull a couple inches from the old oil cap(now the gas) and run the pvc through there or even use water lines. I cant really redrill the old gas filler because the hul damage that has been reparied its very thick. I'm not the most creative person.

+1
    Can you run the fuel fill near the factory location and install a oem fuel filler assy. Maybe modify it a little to change the location away from the glass work. I have seadoo fuel cap assy's here that should have enough thread to go through at least 1/2" of glass

what i opted to do i drill a 1 in hole 3 in from gas ( oil cap) i already rerouted lines to use oil filler as gass filler, i put back oil tank, strapped it down put sensor back etc. i took a 90 elbo 2in ID and converted it to 1 in ID ran a ! in ID hose to new oil filler location. i painted a PVC threaded cap black to match the gas cap... i just dunno how i'm gonna mount the filler. i'm thinking of glassing it into hull or fining a thin plastic nut to bolt it in...

Thread Information