Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

R&D SVHO ECU reflashes currently available

Great news! R&D is now offering R1, R2 and R3 reflashes for the actual SVHO ECU's. They are available at a discount through the forums online store

But first, a very important message from Glenn at R&D concerning the reflashing of SVHO ECU's. His note just reitterates what I have been saying all along from my testing on the SVHO and also testing results shared to me from Dean (Dean's Team)

You cannot just do a reflash... you MUST also do the upgrades that go along with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn @ R&D
    I can not stress enough about the upgrades when reprogramming the SVHO ecu's. The customers need to be aware that the SVHO supercharger is a high performance charger that produces a lot of boost when the ecu is re-flashed. The recommended upgrades are the same as we recommend for the earlier models when using similar high boost. If the customers do not want to buy the R&D upgrades they should not be re-flashing the ECU. We will not warranty motor's because the customers don't listen and follow direction. They need the upgrades. Do the upgrades. Don't forget the upgrades, they are mandatory. As you see the cooling kit is # 1 in the list. The motor can melt down without the R&D cooling kit.
    R&D SVHO ECU R1 Reprogramming Service

Requirements for this ECU reflash are R&D Cooling Kit, R&D Q50 Blow-off Valve, R&D Ti Valve Spring Retainer Kit R&D Performance Products USA att:...
    802-SVHO R1 $749.95
    Sale: $674.96
    10% discount

Buy Now
    R&D SVHO ECU R2 Reprogramming Service

Requirements for the ECU reflash are R&D Cooling Kit, R&D Q50 Blow-off Valve, Super Single Valve Spring Kit R&D Performance Products USA att: Order...
    802-SVHO R2 $749.95
    10% discount

Buy Now
    R&D SVHO ECU R3 Reprogramming Service

Requirements for the ECU reflash are R&D Cooling Kit, R&D Intercooler, R&D Q50 Blow-off Valve, Super Single Valve Spring Kit R&D Performance Products...
    802-SVHO R3 $749.95
    10% discount

Buy Now

3. +1 by:

These are the recommended upgrades. The 2014 SVHO series skis have a lot more boost stock and when you reflash the ecu you unlock the potential of the ski. Yamaha did not make upgrades to the spring and retainers so R&D recommends you do. There is also a fair amount of surge even on a bone stock ski thus the recommendation of the blow off valve. And of course the cooling kit is always recommended.

5. +1 by:

+1
    Now here comes a whole boat load of 90mph SVHO Skis. Thank you R&D.

7. +1 by:

+1
    I'm going to wait and hold off till I see actual numbers from members... well I'm going to try because its pretty tempting!

+1
    Great news ... Looking forward too seeing some results .... Come on who's 1st fitting one of these bad boys

10. +1 by:

+1
    Guys, a note from Glenn at R&D concerning the reflashing of SVHO ECU's. His note just reitterates what I have been saying all along from my testing on the SVHO and also testing results shared to me from Dean (Dean's Team)

You cannot just do a reflash... you MUST do the upgrades that go along with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn @ R&D
    I can not stress enough about the upgrades when reprogramming the SVHO ecu's. The customers need to be aware that the SVHO supercharger is a high performance charger that produces a lot of boost when the ecu is re-flashed. The recommended upgrades are the same as we recommend for the earlier models when using similar high boost. If the customers do not want to buy the R&D upgrades they should not be re-flashing the ECU. We will not warranty motor's because the customers don't listen and follow direction. They need the upgrades. Do the upgrades. Don't forget the upgrades, they are mandatory. As you see the cooling kit is # 1 in the list. The motor can melt down without the R&D cooling kit.

+1
    This FXSVHO ...if Yamaha or a Performance dealer can find a sure fix for it SC clutch issues this would be one BAD ASS offshore race ski...
    The Ultra 300 and 260 RXT better be prepared...

+1
    At what RPMs are the valve retainers/springs needed? If you go by the boost numbers previously posted, 83-8400 should be around the equivalent of a LB wheel. Why not prop for those rpms and have R&D set the hard limiter for around that and have a good recreation setup without all the upgrades?

Also if you swap out the thermostat to the SHO model thermostat will that take care of the overheat issues? I don't recall where a cooling kit was required for the LB setup on a SHO.

18 lb @ 8800.
    17 @ 8600.
    15.35 @ 8300
    13.92 @ 8000

14. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by jetdave56 View Post
    This FXSVHO ...if Yamaha or a Performance dealer can find a sure fix for it SC clutch issues this would be one BAD ASS offshore race ski...
    The Ultra 300 and 260 RXT better be prepared...
    It already is.... The ultra and the seadoos live in the dealer for all sorts of issues while yamaha has issues with that one part which has pretty much been resolved already with the 2013.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information