Thread: 15f

Can some one give me a brief opinion of the 15f. Smooth of ride , acceration, storage enough?. Throttle responce. I was thinking over the Ultra250x, but the $11500 price and the bad gas milage has me thinking second thoughts. I mostly want a fun crusier but want some get up and go too. It has to ride smooth due to a recent operation I can't take the pounding of my smaller Seadoo's. Any thing you can tell to help me out would be great appreciated. Thankyou

If you need a real smooth ride- I would steer away from the 15f and towards a 3-up Sd hull, Ultra (or LX) or Yammi Fx. The 15f can pound pretty good in the rough.

It doesn't have the most storage compared to others- but it's enough.

Snappy accel. but mediocre top speed (around 60).

Turns real good. Hooks up real good- even in the rough while you're getiing beat up.
    Last edited by Vman; 03-25-2007 at 09:12 PM.

Maybe I'll look at the GTX SC

Sacramento, CA
    The 15f is a very well rounded ski. It may not do any one thing the best, but it does do everything well. A riva RPM kit and some attention to details will get you stock ultra 250 type performance in top end and accel. It's a very reliable ski, easy to work on, handles really well (insane with a rideplate, sponsons, and reverse gate removed ). The ride can be a little jarring in rougher water because it will bounce some. That also makes it a great ski to jump wakes or waves. It really depends on what you're looking for. Everything has it's draw backs.

The first thing I noticed about mine, that it doesn't look like a barge like the rest of the 4strokes. Check out the weight differences among all the skis. Since I am a 1996 XP guy, that appealed to me. I can't wait to get it on the water.

Thread Information