Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

which is more fun on the water - 3up or 2up?

The reason Im asking is because I never rode the 3 up, I have a 2 up that I can throw around with ease and a lot of fun - so anyone that has rode both of them - which one is "more fun".. im planning to get th 3 up extension so I can reboard in deep water easier.. but didnt want to lose the maneuverability of the 2 up.. just asking

Do you have the reboarding step? I would think that would be the best way to reboard, not sure how the 3up extension will help

Been around for years...seen it all Kawi-Guy's Avatar
    +1
    Do you have Children ?
    Or a Spouse/ significant other ?
    It won't be much fun if you get a girlfriend or wife and you can't take them along on your rides.
    Get the 3up if you have a family

+1

which is more fun on the water - 3up or 2up?

What i heard was that the 3up-platform was never in contact with water when up to speed, which means it will just add buoyancy/stability when standing still. Can anyone confirm this?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnSWE View Post
    What i heard was that the 3up-platform was never in contact with water when up to speed, which means it will just add buoyancy/stability when standing still. Can anyone confirm this?
    Exactly what I want to know, I know my Spark is way more stable than a 96xp, what I really wanted to know is if you "lose" any fun factor with the 3 up... I want the 3 up extension, not the 3up seat, just the hull extension so I can reboard easier.

I have taken my 2up out 5 weekends in a row now, and every time I took it out I have been practicing reboarding, it's gotten easier every time but I would imagine with the 3 up extension in the rear it would help a lot with buoyancy and stability to reboard...

I think glen said the platform doesnt even touch the water so it doesnt have any drag on it .
    Not sure where i read that .

+1
    I would imagine they would be about the same. the hull is the same, just the 3up has a little larger seat and the extension which is removable, question is if you want to have a room for a bigger passenger or not. The 3up weights more but once you add the extension to the 2up they probably weight close to the same.

I dont know if you guys know these, but I love to do "wheelies" on my 2 up spark, which means I put both my feet all the way to the back of my spark, and shotgun the throttle BOOM, im wheeling, i have the front end all the way up in the air, love it, than I can go left and right and just go crazy!! wonderful machine! lol.. can you do that with your 3 up?

I don't know if you can do it with the 3 up but I love to do the same with my 2 up.

The 2up 90HP and the 3up 90HP ride the same. I've been on both and own the 3up and I can say that the 3up is just as playful as the 2up. I still can do wheelies on the 3up and flip it around with no problem. I do 50MPH on both and I can spin them both out like its nothing. I only went with the 3up because it can carry more weight than the 2up.

Seadoo has gotten it right with these sparks. I just wish they would have thrown in the manual reverse on all models except the iBR ones. Also wish they gave more storage, if you take the top off one there is a ton of room not being used in the front.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information