Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Proper break in

+1

Proper break in

Hi just bought a 2014 fzr svho
    wondering about the proper break in.
    the manual says first 5 mins operate with engine speed at 2000 r/min i guess that means rpm,
    For the next 90 mins with engine speed below 5000 r/min.
    is this all?

+1
    Wow, my sea Doo I was told to keep it easy and off the wot for the first ten hours... 95 minutes ain't bad!

Not necessary... Cruise around for an hour and ride it like you stole it..

+1
    Still waiting to do this on my 2014 FZR, damn water temps are still way too low here!! Hopefully have her broken in by May!!

+1
    Agree drive it like u stole it. I did and havent had a problem im on 70hrs with my 2012 fx sho @78mph

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by YamahaManny View Post
    Still waiting to do this on my 2014 FZR, damn water temps are still way too low here!! Hopefully have her broken in by May!!
    No excuse! Water temps here are 39*F and I've been out this season burning the cobbwebs out of my GPR and RXTX. Just dont fall in.

+1
    Yep, I've had HO, SHO and SVHO, have done break in according to manual (1.6hrs) and not a zot more, then nailed them with plenty of WOT... The manual says "Can then be ridden normally" and I reckon that's pretty normal...

Anyway, they have all have run great, just get better and better, personally I don't think they truly loosen up until 15-20 hrs... the harder you ride them the more they like it (disclaimer - all stock except for ribbon delete)

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by zone5 View Post
    Yep, I've had HO, SHO and SVHO, have done break in according to manual (1.6hrs) and not a zot more, then nailed them with plenty of WOT... The manual says "Can then be ridden normally" and I reckon that's pretty normal...

Anyway, they have all have run great, just get better and better, personally I don't think they truly loosen up until 15-20 hrs... the harder you ride them the more they like it (disclaimer - all stock except for ribbon delete)

Thanks guys, im on my way to the water, man its cold this morning and last night, im guessing the water is freezing, oh well, it'll warm up. Its 60 degrees in miami now.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushwick718 View Post

Thanks guys, im on my way to the water, man its cold this morning and last night, im guessing the water is freezing, oh well, it'll warm up. Its 60 degrees in miami now.
    My recommedation is running at low speed (below 5000 rpm) for at least 10 hrs, change oil to removed all the waste, and RE FLASH the ECU.

Quote Originally Posted by superdavid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushwick718 View Post

My recommedation is running at low speed (below 5000 rpm) for at least 10 hrs, change oil to removed all the waste, and RE FLASH the ECU.
    That's 9hrs of unnecessary low speed... Rip it after an hour. An hour is already too much.

11. +1 by:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information