+1

Clarification of Storage Procedures for 2014 RXT-260

Since I use my boat in salt water on an irregular basis, I want to make sure I'm using the correct procedures for flushing and preparing the boat for long term storage. My main concerns are 1) that I'm adequately flushing the intercooler/exhaust system, and 2) that the throttle body is properly protected. My sources of information are my owners manual and a 2013 OEM Sea-Doo service manual that I downloaded.

With regards to the throttle body, the service manual says to remove the output hose from the I/C and rev the engine to 4,000 several times to remove internal condensation from the I/C:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img002.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	326561
    There is no mention of lubricating the throttle body.
    Included in the 2013 service manual is a bulletin (2010-7) that says to lubricate the throttle body:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img001.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	81.2 KB 
ID:	326562

My owners manual says only to remove the I/C output hose and run the engine to remove condensate. There is nothing stated about lubricating the throttle body. For internal engine lubrication it only says to remove the spark plugs and spray XPS lube in the holes.

With regards to flushing the exhaust, my owners manual states to flush with a garden hose threaded into the fitting that's located on the transom. The boat came with a hose/adapter assembly that fits to the line on the I/C that indicates water flow through the cooler (AKA the tell tale stream). I see water flow out of the pump and fitting on the transom when using this adapter so I'm assuming that flush water is reaching all parts of the system. Why doesn't the manual reference the I/C fitting?

So, my questions are 1) should I be spraying the throttle body with XPS lube, and 2) does flushing through only the I/C water flow indicator line adequately flush the entire exhaust and I/C system?

+1
    Bump-If I remember correctly, someone from a shop made a device that lubed the throttle body. Was it the shop that makes the "last drop oil extraction attachment" for the Yamaha SHO?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pro1200 View Post
    With regards to flushing the exhaust, my owners manual states to flush with a garden hose threaded into the fitting that's located on the transom. The boat came with a hose/adapter assembly that fits to the line on the I/C that indicates water flow through the cooler (AKA the tell tale stream). I see water flow out of the pump and fitting on the transom when using this adapter so I'm assuming that flush water is reaching all parts of the system. Why doesn't the manual reference the I/C fitting?
    As for the IC, you have a Riva Gen 3. This one is fitted with a flushing hose/connector. The OEM IC has this not. That's why it's not mentioned in your manual.

Thread Information