Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

07 RXP P1544 again... Opinions

Two weekends in a row resulted in a less than 5 minute ride on this newly purchased rxp. Bought it a couple weekends ago having only 44 hours on it. Took it out the first time and one of the exhaust clamps was loose and it threw an exhaust code (literally 15 ft from the boat ramp. Took it back to the dealer, they fixed it water tested it (probably hose) and just took it out again today and it threw the same code again. I was on a lake (flat cool water) and let it warm up (putted around for a minute slowly starting to accelerate around), no problems at first. After it was warm I opened it up and as soon as it got to 60 it threw the code, died and would not restart. Dropped it back on off at the dealer, Should I be really concerned about this thing being a major problem or is this a common issue, easy to fix issue?

Thanks in advance.

Banned User
    +1
    Need to check the water going to the waterbox...07 RXP, right?

The Jpipe might be clogged, not letting enough water into the waterbox...

1544 is usually the code that pops up fromt e temp sensor on the waterbox. So if everything was fine while going slow, then when you went WOT it threw a code....thats your starting spot.

Where are you located?

+1

Dropped it back off at the dealer, Located in Hudson Fl.
    Just got an update from them and they said the ski tested out fine but the ECU is bad so they are replacing it. Seems weird to me, but I am new to the jetski world. But: first ride alarm code p0544 at idle lose clamp on exhaust and taking water in the hull. Second ride, seemed alright til up to speed then alarm code p0544 and died and would not restart. Anyone confirm this could be the fix?

Banned User
    +1
    Hmmmmmm...Did they say its covered under a warranty?....I don't think thats the problem.

They are paying for it, I don't even have 5 minutes on this thing yet. I feel like if it was ecu then it would not start or it would run like crap...idk

Banned User
    +1
    I bet the Jpipe is clogged....or they have the the 2 clamps spaced too far apart and its choking the pissers...

Whenever I work on Jpipe'd skis I always remove the middle clamp, because once everything is installed properly and lined up, you only need 2...

If it does it again, then thats where you need to start looking...Take pics of it when you get it back...

10. +1 by:

Got the update on the ski, was not the ecu. They replaced it took it out on the water and same result. Now they are thinking engine bearings. Not so happy, but at least they are fixing it. Just another weekend of not getting to use it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information