Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Thumbs up ET 127 and 42lb injectors

First ride of the season today after the winter hibernation.

Over the winter the RXP got an ET127 wheel, 42lb injectors, new wear ring and the existing Solas 14/19 cleaned up and repitched by Impros. There was a bunch of other stuff done but these were the performance mods. Other mods were new valves, flywheel bolts, bilge pump and seat cover. Best speed last year was 68.8 and today it ran 73.5 at 7950 to 8000. From mid RPM range to full throttle the response and pull was noticeably crisper and stronger and I gained almost 5mph I would recommend this set up for anyone looking to upgrade a 215 model.

Since I'm sitting just below the limiter can I assume the prop pitch is good for this set up ?

Banned User
    +1
    Did you gut the waterbox? That will get you atleast another 100-150...Which would be perfect for the weather right now, and easily get you into the 74's...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post

Over the winter the RXP got an ET127 wheel, 42lb injectors, new wear ring and the existing Solas 14/19 cleaned up and repitched by Impros. There was a bunch of other stuff done but these were the performance mods. Other mods were new valves, flywheel bolts, bilge pump and seat cover. Best speed last year was 68.8 and today it ran 73.5 at 7950 to 8000. From mid RPM range to full throttle the response and pull was noticeably crisper and stronger and I gained almost 5mph I would recommend this set up for anyone looking to upgrade a 215 model.

Since I'm sitting just below the limiter can I assume the prop pitch is good for this set up ?
    How much boost is that wheel good for?

Do u have an AFR guage, and RRFPR?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Did you gut the waterbox? That will get you atleast another 100-150...Which would be perfect for the weather right now, and easily get you into the 74's...

As far as I know it has not been gutted I did notice the previous owner had shortened the J pipe where it enters the waterbox.

+1
    [QUOTE=psycho rxp;2358236

Do u have an AFR guage, and RRFPR?[/QUOTE]

According to the store 11lbs of boost at 8100rpm, I do not have an AFR gauge or RRFPR.

This wheel is supposed to be comparable to an X charger. X charger and 42lb injectors seem to be a popular and reliable mod without needing an AFR gauge and RRFPR, correct me if I'm wrong I'm learning a lot but there are way more experienced people here. I'm happy with the performance of this set up for now as long as it stays reliable. I might consider an external intercooler and from all the research I have done this will require an AFR gauge and RRFPR to be safe.

+1
    With same wheel and 42# on RXP i was aover 90% duty cycle on injectors when WOT. I am not an expert but from what I know it is not good to be over 80% DC on injectors

+1
    The ET 127 is better than the X wheel .. It's lighter and makes more boost ...

I had one in my old RXP and did 80 hrs of ocean bashing and never a problem ...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SLASHER View Post
    The ET 127 is better than the X wheel .. It's lighter and makes more boost ...

I had one in my old RXP and did 80 hrs of ocean bashing and never a problem ...
    Same here. I show flashes of 11psi and I monitor afrs and there spot on. They where way worst with the riva stage one kit!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by psycho rxp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post

Do u have an AFR guage, and RRFPR?

11 lb at 8100

+1
    Sounds like good numbers if it was on a gps and not the dreamometer. You should be turning around 8100.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information