Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

rxpx et137+4, afrs all over the place, loss of power.

09 rxpx , running et137+4, riva thru hull, riva relocation, riva rrfpr, walbro 255, new plugs so went out saturday after installing riva relocation kit, and ski rode pretty well for the for first hour. at wot i noticed that it was not performing as well as a little bit before wide open, afrs were at 11.8-12.0 and pretty steady. i believe wot i was hitting 8200 so i think thats why wot didnt feel great. did a 8100 pull for about a minute, and as we were arriving to our spot ski and let go of throttle ski starts to sputter, and idle is at 1500 rpms afrs all over t he place. usually idle is 12.8 afr. turned ski off and back on starts to idle normal again , but soon starts to run rough and cant get passed 45 mph 6000 rpms , skis keeps cutting in and out of power.

so i changed the plugs, and swapped coil packs from another rxpx thats running perfect. runs a tiny bit better for a split second, but soon starts to repeat the same issues, also changed walbro out with a new one nothing changes.

i can not get the afrs dialed in, at idle they jump around from single digits to 14s . didnt get a chance to look at the fpr gage and see where the pressure is at at idle, due to river being a mine field of floating logs.

Legit out of ideas of what to do next. spark plugs looked identical in color and dont look to lean or rich, isnt fuel pump as ive checked 2 of them, isnt the coils, isnt the plugs, im pretty much out of ideas. rrfpr going bad? intercooler leaking? but if that was the case wouldnt the plugs show signs of something, water from leaking intercooler, white if lean, black if rich? also no codes coming form ski either. no coolant in oil, or oil in coolant. will check compression later.

when you first get going on the ski , it feels like its going to start going,, but then falls flat on its face , and sputters.

+1
    It would have to be a huge intercooler leak to stop you from getting past 6000 RPMs. IMO it sounds like the fuel system but I'm no expert.

+1
    My friend ski had similar symptoms. His regulator turned out to be bad. Do u have a way to monitor fuel pressure?

+1
    that's what happened to me yesterday when my braided line pulled from the fuel rail. That and before tuning I was running 11.1 WOT with ID1000s. Smelled like straight out AV fuel all around my ski. Rode probably 1hr with the fuel line hemorrhaging fuel. Check your fueling. Something is also wrong with my pressure readings now

Timestamp Ecu power [V] Engine temp [?F] Exhaust temp [?F] Intake temp [?F] Pressure [psi] RPM [rpm] Throttle [%] AFR EGT [?F] Noise level Check engine Fuel pressure [kPa] Vehicle speed [km/h] Pedal position [%] Sensor 2 [V]
    31,65 13,6 167,0 174,2 86,0 13,0 9140 68,6 11,2 1090 62 0,0 0,0 0,0 0,00

+1
    my buddy said the my ski smells like fuel when he was riding behind me, my rrfpr is using the stock rubber hose with the quick connect , i will check all my connection again. when i changed the fuel pump put saturday i didnt notice any fuel around the pump or rrfpr area. my catch can is full though of fuel tough. unless its water. i will drain it after work and report back, my fuel economy was terrible as well on the ride back when the ski didnt want to pull rpms.

+1
    yeah I emptied my entire tank in about 1hr of 5k RPMs. had to keep it there or it would stall. My oil also about 1/3 gas at this point.

+1
    when i first started the ski idle was around 9, i plugged up the boost ref line and pulled fuel out and was able to get 12 idle afr, and then it would start to pull a little better for a second and then bam back to loosing power. i will look into another rrfpr, and go through the fuel lines again. should i get rid of the quick connects and use install barbed fitting instead?

+1
    run it on the hose and look at the lines. You'll see it if it's a bad connection.

+1
    if it was a fuel line leak wouldnt my hull be full of fuel ? or when the pump primes it self wouldnt it start leaking then as well? i put the key in, the regulator gauge shows 40 lbs after fuel pump is done priming the system
    Last edited by 98gsxl951; 04-14-2014 at 11:17 AM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 98gsxl951 View Post
    if it was a fuel line leak wouldnt my hull be full of fuel ?
    not unless you dump a ton. You'd never notice it in the hull and even if it did dump a lot you'll syphon it out and when it mixes with water it's not something you'll notice unless you're looking for it. Trust me, run it on the hose and look at the lines.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information