+1

GTX 155 Reviews?

I'm thinking about getting a 2012-2013 GTX 155 as a third ski or possibly selling my 300X. Anybody willing to share their thoughts on the ski? Top speed, fuel use at cruise, etc? Living in the Northwest, we'll be riding some bigger lakes and spending time on Puget Sound. I want an economical ski and am a bit hesitant because of some of the issues people have seen. Ceramic seal leaking, IBR issues, hood latch, seat latch, etc. The specs on the ski are what I'm looking for other than the total lack of storage.

Just one of a couple ski's I'm looking at.

Quote Originally Posted by nvgtrsprt View Post
    I'm thinking about getting a 2012-2013 GTX 155 as a third ski or possibly selling my 300X. Anybody willing to share their thoughts on the ski? Top speed, fuel use at cruise, etc? Living in the Northwest, we'll be riding some bigger lakes and spending time on Puget Sound. I want an economical ski and am a bit hesitant because of some of the issues people have seen. Ceramic seal leaking, IBR issues, hood latch, seat latch, etc. The specs on the ski are what I'm looking for other than the total lack of storage.

Just one of a couple ski's I'm looking at.
    I have a 2012 GTI 155 se. i loved it no issue's at all top speed was 58 mph. The guy I ride with has the GTX 155 2012 and had no issues he put over 55 hrs in 1 year . The gtx rode better in lake Ontario then mine and had a few nicer features like cruise control. As for the rest IBR is awesome and the 155 has a nice power range

+1
    Thanks.

+1
    Going to keep this all in one thread. Just sold my 300X because of the fuel consumption. Fastest damn thing I've ever been on and fun as heck but I'd really like to get another mile or 2 per gallon when cruising. I like nice things and selling that thing wasn't easy but, practically speaking, I need to get another mile or two out of a gallon of gas. May not seem much, but it gnaws on me to know I'm burning more fuel at 35 mph on a thousand pound jet ski than running my 21' boat with 225hp Honda. It's a mental thing.

Thinking about the NA 155 and GTX 215 or possibly an RXT 260. Is a different supercharger the only difference between 215 and 260 models? The ability to run 87 octane if needed in a supercharged ski helps when I can't find premium on the water. The 300 requires premium.

Considering the 3 above skis. Any thoughts on your fuel burn?

+1
    I just bought a 2013 GTI 130 and ive put about 4 hours on it today and Saturday. I havent been hammering on it too crazy for break in purposes but cruising maxed at 38mph in eco mode its sipping fuel. Sport mode it sucked some down but that was to be expected. Touring mode cruising 45-50 mph didnt use to much fuel either. Burned a little less then a half tank in 3 hours of strait running. Top speed was 54-55 but im limited for the first 10 hours. Ive also been running 89 octane in it. I expect it to get better as it breaks in more.

I also plan on doing some exhaust work and an intake to help her breath more. She runs really good though. If your considering buying one. Plenty of power, and the IBR is really cool. It has PLENTY of power for me and my wife too. Im 225lbs and shes about 135. Still did 54mph lol

+1
    Thanks. The fuel use wasn't as much a financial thing as it was just bothering me. I don't mind using some fuel, but would like to get as much out of a gallon (speed) as possible.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nvgtrsprt View Post
    Thanks. The fuel use wasn't as much a financial thing as it was just bothering me. I don't mind using some fuel, but would like to get as much out of a gallon (speed included) as possible.

I know what you mean. I was just letting you know my experience. I feel like if its getting you up to 54 stock, and doesn't use to much fuel your winning. I know the supercharged skis can suck fuel down at those speeds. Price for price thou you can make a 130 just as fast as the 155. I didnt want to spend the extra 2-3 grand for something that goes a little faster and in the long run will have more maintenance costs. Plus the NA 4tech is bulletproof

8. +1 by:

+1
    Anything with a supercharger is going to suck down fuel. If you're a Kawasaki fan the STX15F is a great N/A ski. It has a nearly bulletproof motor and is great on gas as well. With that said, it doesn't have the bells and whistles the newer Sea Doo would have.

Thread Information