Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

My Seadoo smash up at the end of last year (read so you dont do the same)

Bought the 2007 Seadoo RXT in 2011 and absolutely fell in love with it. Road it without incident for 3 summers (Wildwood and Cape May NJ) putting like 100 hours on it.

One of the last rides of the season Sept 13' my son and I were slowly navigating around a narrow backwater grassland trail just fast enough to have the most maneuverability

maybe 10mph. Id never taken this shortcut at such a low tide and since the water was so low I couldn't see over the grass that lined the narrow channel like usual. Approaching

the last sharp corner I remember thinking (man I hope nobody is coming the other way) and just at that instant I see a flash of blue and some whitewater before impact. A blue

Yamaha had rounded the corner with blinding speed and pretty much hit us head on. The sound the hulls made when they hit together Ill never forget but it sent my son and I

through the air and then underwater. When I surfaced of course the first thing I looked for was my boy and he was floating nearby along with my capsized ski. After making sure

he was OK (and he was Thank God) I realized my left arm wouldn't move properly. The blue Yamaha guy swam over and helped us right our ski and we climbed aboard and

started it up. We limped both skis back to the nearest dock and I noticed mine was riding really low in the water. The sponson was completely missing from one side and parts of

the rail were hanging off. I tied mine off to a cleat and in about 5 minutes it was almost halfway under so me and about 5 other people pulled it onto a jetdock. The insurance

company totaled it because the engine was mostly submerged in saltwater. It took me all winter to rehabilitate my arm. So that’s my story and I just bought a 2010 RXT-iS a week ago.

Few days after
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	46.3 KB 
ID:	326820Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	326821

+1
    damn man. glad to hear yall were ok save for that nasty bruise ya got there..

my daughter is 3 and the few times i have taken her out with me he has her bike helmet on (better than nothing) and her vest or course. while she wants to go a fast as possible i keep it about 15mph and under. learning key FTW with her since she knows how to make it go faster.

+1
    Wow that's young, yea I had a few kids that age on my ski before but of course didn't go faster then about 15mph.
    My son is 10 now and has been riding with me since he was 7.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo0064.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	326826

I've always got kids out with me but you cant always protect them from others stupidity. Never trust a blind corner like that. Lesson leaned on my part.

+1
    she LOVES the ski and I am the only one who will take her out until she is old enough and knows the rules backwards and forwards but yes you are right.. we cant protect them from others stupidity.

i learned how to handle a 16ft boot with a 90hp motor on it when i was not much older than she is but that was a different time. my though is teach her correctly while she is young and she will have a love for the water and boats/skis the rest of her life.

+1
    Wow man...it's a miracle everybody was ok (except your arm), that could have been a really bad accident.

+1
    Wow!! Glad you and your son are ok.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by liquid chicken View Post
    she LOVES the ski and I am the only one who will take her out until she is old enough and knows the rules backwards and forwards but yes you are right.. we cant protect them from others stupidity.

i learned how to handle a 16ft boot with a 90hp motor on it when i was not much older than she is but that was a different time. my though is teach her correctly while she is young and she will have a love for the water and boats/skis the rest of her life.
    Damn right. My son drives my Dads 21ft Scout.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Q in Arizona View Post
    Wow man...it's a miracle everybody was ok (except your arm), that could have been a really bad accident.
    The doctor thought for sure it was broke when I first went in because it looked like I had a C sizes boob hanging off my elbow.

+1
    What insurance company did you have? Not trying to get in to your business, but was the settlement fair? Reason I ask is a guy local had a ski sink and the insurance settled for over the book value and he was able to keep the ski.

+1
    Progressive. They gave me exactly what it was insured for and actually exactly what I paid for it 3 years earlier.

The buy back on it was $1500 so I let it go.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information