Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

First ride on Sat 4/12

So I finally got to take my 13' GTI 130 out last weekend (today too LOL) and i'm overall impressed with this machine. I've put a total of 5 hours on her and she runs great. Me and my wife got it up to 54mph with a quick burst with ease. The IBR is unreal. Talk about stopping power. The fuel mileage is great too. I cant wait to see how she is after the 10hrs of break in.

I plan on possibly getting a prop too. Not sure where to start with that. I'm definitely going to do some exhaust work and build an intake to help her breath a little bit more. Ive also been running 89 octane in it, feel awful running piss 87 octane in it

+1
    Don't shoot the messenger, and I'm sure others will agree, but you are very limited as to what can really be done to that specific ski performance wise. If I were you, I would ride it and enjoy it and you can always upgrade when you want more speed. You also don't need to run anything other than 87 in it, as that too would also be a waste of money for no reason. Heck, I wish I could run 87 myself.

3. +1 by:

+1
    Im totally aware that im super limited with this model. But anything to get a few MPH or better fuel ill do. And honestly the only reason why i was running 89 because its cleaner. I know it will burn better. I know it doesn't matter but what for another couple dollars on a fill up wouldn't you want cleaner gas?

+1
    The money you need to spend in order to gain a few MPH is often very expensive. You'll also never get that money back because it won't help resale value at all. I was just cautioning you, because it can be a slippery slope. You're obviously welcome to do whatever you'd like.

Octane ratings are essentially the resistance of a particular fuel to pre-ignition. If you're concerned with something "cleaner", you'd be better off finding and spending your money on ethanol-free 87.

+1
    I know what your saying. Its like modding a NA 4 banger like a honda intake exhaust tune verses say my wrx where i did the typical exhaust intake tune and the gains are huge.

Looking around and researching I can build my own intake, for maybe less then 100 bucks, then get a muffler delete for cheap. After that I think the most expensive piece of the puzzle is the prop and 155 ecu.

I meant cleaner as in just a better burn. I know it might seem like a waste, but for the longevity of the engine, and the few dollars more it will cost on a fill up it might be worth it. BTW what is a good additive for ethanol based fuels for this ski?

ride it like you stole it!!! raceneked's Avatar
    +1
    IMHO - if you want to go faster with a GTI hull, get a GTR.
    theres the 'eco' mode for range, 'sport' for HOLD ON!

the GTR would look pretty good sitting next to a GTI on the trailer too.

I have the same ski and have only run ethanol free gas in it. I've been quite happy with the mileage and performance so far. It currently has 19 hours on it but I'm taking it out this weekend and I can't wait.

+1
    Great to here man. Enjoy your new ski!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen8801 View Post
    So I finally got to take my 13' GTI 130 out last weekend (today too LOL) and i'm overall impressed with this machine. I've put a total of 5 hours on her and she runs great. Me and my wife got it up to 54mph with a quick burst with ease. The IBR is unreal. Talk about stopping power. The fuel mileage is great too. I cant wait to see how she is after the 10hrs of break in.

I plan on possibly getting a prop too. Not sure where to start with that. I'm definitely going to do some exhaust work and build an intake to help her breath a little bit more. Ive also been running 89 octane in it, feel awful running piss 87 octane in it

It is your ski and do what you like with it but to prevent losing money on resale I would leave it stock. modifications on a "family ski" are only going to make a future buyer wary. I recommend you enjoy the ski as is and later buy a supercharged ski if you want more power.
    As for octane run whatever you like above 87 but it is just a waste of money. Buy some extra beers instead with the savings and enjoy!

11. +1 by:

+1
    I have the same ski and in about hour five as well! I really like the stability when I take my kids out!
    Where can I find ethanol free gas??? That sounds like a good idea, I have been adding the treatment and stabil...do you all suggest that each time I fill up?
    Enjoy the ski! I am happy with the choice I made ! Very fun and I love the lucky green!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information