well it aint no speed mod...but got a go pro 3 and ram mounts...

first off ...mods feel free to move or delete if im not posting in right area....WOW....is all i can say about this go pro hero 3 gadget and the ram mounts are rock solid...the go pro mounts arent bad at all but the ram mounts kick butt...will play around with different mounting options in the next few days and hopefully post a short video soon....already got a lil trial video of running down the georgia sewer [suwannee river] in 1080 at 30 and 60 fps and its video quality is amazing....any tips from others with go pro experience??

+1
    get more batteries!!! im not kidding... the wasabi brand are top notch and will run you about $25 for 2 and a charger on amazon or ebay.

settings wise you only need 60fps if you want to mess around with slo-mo. [email protected] will do just fine. i have never used the ram mounts but i know they are good. a headstrap is a good investment especially if you want to get video of whats going on around you.

when you get around to making your video pull it off the SD card or it will look slow and choppy. be sure to close any extra programs running because whatever you use be it gopro studio, movie maker ect you want all the system resources you can get.

the most important thing i can tell you to get is a tether. personally i like these http://bigkahunamounts.com/shop.html but get whatever works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by liquid chicken View Post
    get more batteries!!! im not kidding... the wasabi brand are top notch and will run you about $25 for 2 and a charger on amazon or ebay.

settings wise you only need 60fps if you want to mess around with slo-mo. [email protected] will do just fine. i have never used the ram mounts but i know they are good. a headstrap is a good investment especially if you want to get video of whats going on around you.

when you get around to making your video pull it off the SD card or it will look slow and choppy. be sure to close any extra programs running because whatever you use be it gopro studio, movie maker ect you want all the system resources you can get.

the most important thing i can tell you to get is a tether. personally i like these http://bigkahunamounts.com/shop.html but get whatever works for you.

thanks for the info....tethers are cool lookin and probably a good idea even with the ram mount....

+1
    yes get the tethers or make your own. i use the extended batteries that plug in so i dont have to fool with removing anything. i dont use no stinkin screen and any other fancy add. Just batteries. if you are using that ram mount get some damn tethers. i have seen another guys fall off his ski sitting still and fall 20+ feet into the river. this go pro pole is awesome as well. does your have the wireless remote with it? i so i would get the remote mounting kit as well. if you really want a good tether this stainless steel one is awesome.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	51VCf5n2xbL.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	326884 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	51PdXpUCRYL._SL1500_.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	30.2 KB 
ID:	326883Click image for larger version. 

Name:	31uWqJRwJlL.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	8.8 KB 
ID:	326885

+1
    I've had a Hero 2 on a RAM mount for a couple of years now, IMHO the RAM mount system is much better then the GoPro mounts. Just picked up a cheap Hero 1 & have it mounted on a pole. Can't bring myself to pay for a hero 3 or 3+ as I always shoot in 1080-30 & get good results, although the extra features, quality & battery life would be a bonus!
    I make a video of all our longer trips.......great to keep a record of what we get upto & look back on
    Here's one from last year.....

+1
    You will want to get an external hard drive to save your vids onto. I picked up a 1TB and has worked great to dump my vids from the go pro sd card to give more room to make more.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterguy00 View Post
    You will want to get an external hard drive to save your vids onto. I picked up a 1TB and has worked great to dump my vids from the go pro sd card to give more room to make more.
    Just received my hero3+ 64gb extreme plus SD card. Man it really let's the 4k movies go.

Thread Information