Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

Picking up a new trailer- Triton LTCWI-TX comments?

Me and my buddy picked up a pair of RXTs a couple weeks ago on a Sea-Doo iCatch double trailer. Today I ordered a Triton LTCWI-TX trailer for a single ski so we can split them up when not riding together.

Anyone else have this trailer? The Tritons seem to get a lot of good recommendations. Now I have to buy/build a stand to swap the skis.
    Last edited by K447; 04-15-2014 at 03:49 PM.

+1
    i wish i had a triton. i have been drooling over them for a long time. i have a single icatch trailer for my GTR.

+1
    Triton trailers are excellent I have a 2010 Triton Elite single place trailer and I love it. I moved from NY to Texas and towed my 2006 Seadoo GTX LTD with no problems. Really smooth riding trailer, half the time I forgot I was even towing something.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by MG21 View Post
    Triton trailers are excellent I have a 2010 Triton Elite single place trailer ...
    I also prefer the Triton torsion axle models.

I think the OP is asking about a leaf spring version of the Triton, which would not have the smooth ride of the Elite series.

Edit: I was wrong, the Triton LTWCI-TX also has the torsion axle.

Quote Originally Posted by Triton web site
    NEW Triton's LTWCI-TX is a single place aluminum trailer to haul your personal watercraft. This LT series trailer has a four cord rubber torsion axle for a smoother ride and suspension protection from the elements. This trailer is a workhorse for one seater up to three seater PWC's. The cradled design and all the adjustability will provide many years of worry free use and it tows like a dream.

NEW STD. FEATURES:
    6" LONGER MAIN FRAME, RETRACTABLE STRAPS, TONGUE JACK, LED LIGHTS, ISA BOW STOPS AND 6' CARPETED BUNKS
    Seems like a nice trailer!

Other than the stainless steel hardware that is standard on the Triton Elite series, I have not checked what other differences there may be.

Banned User
    +1
    I have hauled my friends leaf spring Triton single. Rides just fine. Leaf springs can be quiet if they use bushings in all of the pivot points and they aren't worn

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Triton trailers are excellent I have a 2010 Triton Elite single place trailer ...
    I also prefer the Triton torsion axle models.

I think the OP is asking about a leaf spring version of the Triton, which would not have the smooth ride of the Elite series.

Edit: I was wrong, the Triton LTWCI-TX also has the torsion axle.

Quote Originally Posted by Triton web site
    NEW Triton's LTWCI-TX is a single place aluminum trailer to haul your personal watercraft. This LT series trailer has a four cord rubber torsion axle for a smoother ride and suspension protection from the elements. This trailer is a workhorse for one seater up to three seater PWC's. The cradled design and all the adjustability will provide many years of worry free use and it tows like a dream.

NEW STD. FEATURES:
    6" LONGER MAIN FRAME, RETRACTABLE STRAPS, TONGUE JACK, LED LIGHTS, ISA BOW STOPS AND 6' CARPETED BUNKS
    Seems like a nice trailer!

Other than the stainless steel hardware that is standard on the Triton Elite series, I have not checked what other differences there may be.
    Probably just tongue length & covered winches.

+1
    Triton LTWCI-TX I believe has replaced the Elite, it still has the torsion axle. I don't see the Elite single place trailer on Triton's website looks like they just renamed these newer ones. I bought my single place trailer in the summer of 2010 so I wonder when they changed to the above model.

The Elite model still exists for the double place trailer according to their website.

8. +1 by:

+1
    Triton LTWCI-TX I believe has replaced the Elite, it still has the torsion axle. I don't see the Elite single place trailer on Triton's website looks like they just renamed these newer ones. I bought my single place trailer in the summer of 2010 so I wonder when they changed to the above model.

The Elite model still exists for the double place trailer according to their website.
    Interesting, yeah it looks like they changed up their line & added several new features. All but the LXT now come with LED lights & the upper models now have retractable rear tiedown straps. They also have a new design for the bow stop & added additional tiedown points.

+1
    I wanted the better trailer for the cradled lower ride height. Mainly because I'll be towing it with a car. And the torsion axle was only $100 more, so why not. And yes, there doesn't seem to be Elite trailers unless you get a double. Not sure if mine comes with SS hardware.

+1
    I've been interested in the newer models of Triton trailers, particularly the single LTWCI-TX. The website is vague but I found a brochure about SS hardware being an option on the all the newer LT models. Does anyone know how much of an additional cost this would be or if I would be better just going with the 2012-13 Elite model? For some reason Triton PWC dealers seem hard to find in Texas, with the exception of maybe Houston.

Here is the link to the brochure, the SS part is written in red:

http://www.tritontrailers.com/conten...WCBrochure.pdf

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information