Ultra 150 pump question

I've been working on this 99 Ultra for over a year now. I got it in pieces so it's been quite a journey. The guy before me had modded it and then blown it up. Anyway, one of the parts missing in my one water test late last season was the rubber seal between the ride plate and pump with eyelets. I got the seal and when I removed the ride plate I noticed the holes were filled with silicone. I'm assuming these holes from ride plate to pump have a purpose. What is it?
    I was going to do the stock grate mod but then noticed he had already done it so again I'm assuming it's a mod but can't seem to find info on it.
    Also.... The number says I can use the cheaper post 99 plugs but I have no idea if the ebox is an early model so I'm opting to use the race plugs. Then I read somewhere it will blow up if you do that. I can't see any reason why it would....

+1
    Hull number 41803 and lower required the expensive plugs.

Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    Hull number 41803 and lower required the expensive plugs.
    Yes I know about the number but I have no idea if the ebox is original to this ski. I really just wondered if blocking those inlets might be a problem. The previous owner did several mods. Crossover on the intake is blocked, holes drilled in the flame arrestor and tub, triple pisser... he did a nice job on the grate mod so I assume he knew what he was doing but then, it did blow up,lol.

Right now I have about $1200 in the project and my goal is to approach 70 for under 1500

+1
    Using the expensive plugs won't hurt a thing.

I've read about the holes in the ride plate, but I really don't remember much about them. Same about blocking the crossover tube (I'm not really into modding).

I really don't think drilling holes in the flame arrestor does much of anything. You're still limited by the screens.

Have you read this thread? http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=162977

Morris (btldigger) can really help you with mods.

Thread Information