Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Question Anyone use Roku? My cable bill sucks !!

We got the comcast triple play, pretty much all the premium cable channels and two recording DVR boxes.
    Pretty soon we will be empty nesters and the $200 plus monthly cable bill HAS TO GO !!

Anyone use Ruko? From what I'm reading it has a lot of good features, channels and movies. The only down side is no live TV ( news and some sports etc)
    So does anyone use it and how do you like it?
    It looks like you buy the box and stream from your internet. Plus it has ear phones you plug into your remote to mute the sound and you can listen to TV while the wife is sleeping.
    Last edited by K447; 04-18-2014 at 12:41 AM. Reason: Ruko

Roku is great. Youll buy one, and then want a second one.

+1
    Seems like a lot of people are opting for the Chrome Cast. So look into that, too.

The roku is great. Hulu and netflix are the main ones I use. I also have amazon prime but I think it pretty much sucks.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivingZiggy View Post
    Seems like a lot of people are opting for the Chrome Cast. So look into that, too.
    Chromecast is OK I returned mine as there is limited services.

+1
    You could always plug up your laptop or if you have an android based tablet or phone you could use HDMI out or the mhl output.

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    I have only internet. I run a server with Couch Potato, SickBeard and SabNZB. CouchPotato is for grabbing movies and SickBeard is for TV shows. Runs like your typical DVR. You add shows and pick to grab the whole season or just new episodes, pick quality (I stick with 720p). SabNZB is the NZB downloader I use and the Usenet service provider is $12 bucks a month for unlimited use. I use Plex server to host my movies and shows and use Plex via Rokus around the house as a client. Streams MKV's awesome from my server!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jtskier11 View Post
    I have only internet. I run a server with Couch Potato, SickBeard and SabNZB. CouchPotato is for grabbing movies and SickBeard is for TV shows. Runs like your typical DVR. You add shows and pick to grab the whole season or just new episodes. SabNZB is the Usenet provider I use, $12 bucks a month and unlimited use. I use Plex server to host my movies and shows and use Plex via Rokus around the house as a client. Streams MKV's awesome from my server!!
    Still no live tv though right? All i need is live tv and we will be set. I can't cut the cord until then...

I have a Roku 2 and Chrome cast. They are pretty different. Chromecast you need a tablet or phone to control. With the Roku, all you need is the remote. Its a pretty cool unit.

+1
    I have Roku and Xfinity triple play. Comcast always tries to raise my bill to 200+ but I just call and say I was happy with my previous agreement and ask them to put me on a new promotion which gets it back to 150. The Roku is OK but you still need a fast internet connection Wifi for it to stream through.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by XDAILY View Post
    I have Roku and Xfinity triple play. Comcast always tries to raise my bill to 200+ but I just call and say I was happy with my previous agreement and ask them to put me on a new promotion which gets it back to 150. The Roku is OK but you still need a fast internet connection Wifi for it to stream through.
    Yup, this is exactly what i have right now. I'd cut it off and just use internet, but I like live tv. Even just for the news at night.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information