Smile New Wake Pro 215

Just pulled the trigger on a 2013 WP215. I was looking at a Yamaha FX HO as well but in the end the IBR and ski mode won me over. Not to mention the deal on a new non current.
    I am new to the world of PWCs and have about 20 mins seat time on a 2007 Honda my brother in law had. That is the sum of my riding experience.
    Hoping I could get some tips on what to watch out for to stay safe and have fun with family. What should I keep an eye on maintenance wise? I know SC will need to be serviced around 100hr mark. Are there any other issues with these machines?
    Heard not to pull a tube off the tower, so what is the best way to attach a tube?
    I have searched forum but haven't found much specific to this unit as of yet.
    Thanks

+1
    A few safety tips: Watch out for other people, avoid shallow spots (3 feet or less of water), and take it slow until you get used to the machine as it's pretty powerful

+1
    Congrats! My buddy has the same ski. Pull the tube off the lower eye. As for maint, you nailed the sc, yearly oil changes and plugs. Theres threads on winterizing. As for being a newb, go out a few times til you have the hang of it. The machine is strong! Get compfy with turning, stopping, coming up to the dock. Become compfy with the machine before you think of pulling anything or anybody behind. Enjoy!

+1
    Congrats on the new ski and welcome to GH! Make sure you take sometime in open water to practice with the iBR, because it is very different from other reverse systems. However, once you get the hang of it, it is one of the best features on these new skis!

Thanks for the replies. Can i tow in touring mode or will it have to be sport mode?

Quote Originally Posted by dan55 View Post
    Thanks for the replies. Can i tow in touring mode or will it have to be sport mode?
    Either! You choose! Sport mode will pull the tube harder and faster!

+1
    If you ski or wakeboard, sport. You can get away with touring when towing a tube.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXPJAY View Post
    If you ski or wakeboard, sport. You can get away with touring when towing a tube.
    I second this. I've had trouble pulling skiers and wake boarders out of the water in touring and especially Eco mode. As far as recommendations, take the boaters course.

+1
    Ski mode is your friend!!!!!

Thread Information