Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1

Need advice on selling my ski overseas?

ok, now i know all about scams and whatnot, but hear me out for now. I'm selling a 2001 RXDI and 2002 XP.

I had a guy e-mail me asking about the RXDI, i replied and answered questions and left my contact info. He then replied with great interest, and left me his contact info and said he was researching shipping and has a connection with DHL shipping to NEW ZEALAND.

i saw that, and i was like whatever, i stopped replying... well i got 3 more e-mails from him! he asked about trailer, crating, said he was still researching shipping methods and awaiting DHL price, he asked about the service tech and dealership and information so he could verify condition of the machine, and he asked about skis history, etc...

i blew off all e-mails thinking i'm not getting played by a scam artist from over seas.... well, jsut now my phone rings and crazy accented guy from New Zealand is on the other side of the line....

he says he didn't hear back from me, was wondering if it was still for sale bc it's really the type of jetski he's interested in, etc. i said yea it's available, sorry i didn't not reply to e-mails, i been outa town and i will read the e-mails as soon as i get off the phone with him.

we talked, i gave him info on ski, told him info about my techs and dealer and gave him phone number and who to ask for and he asked if they would know what he was inquiring about when he called, etc...

i said, isn't it gonna be alot to ship it? he says yes, i expect it to be a few thousand dollars most likely. he explains that skis are not really available in great volume there, and the ones that are around are extremeley high hour units and not well maintained and not something he's interested in...

so he said we'd be in touch after he found out shipping costs, and if it's affordable we will work something out and secure a deal.

be honest... am i gonna get railed up the ass? does this sound legit? i can usually pick a scam out of thin air, but i can't find the catch so far. i mean he went thru the effort of calling me overseas on my cell phone!

what do you guys think? are skis really that scarce or desperate in new zealand?

anyone know any international jetski shipping companies?

how can i save my ass when it comes to payment if this goes thru? what precautions can i make? how do i verify it's real money ?

Shib,

Send "CRS" a pm. He's a New Zealander.

Santa Monika, People's Republik of Kalifornia...
    +1
    Just ship only after you get full payment, with no way for him to take the charge back.
    A mod on PWCToday got paid through paypal and the punk cancelled the charge, took him a few months to sort it out, he ended repossessing the ski, it can be quite a headache if you're screwed by a new Zealander.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Devil
    Shib,

Send "CRS" a pm. He's a New Zealander.
    Also, maybe CRS could varify if this guy is for real and look out for you somehow.

+1
    good idea guys... i sent CRS a PM.

+1
    damn.... i need to study geography some more. I just looked on an Atlas... i thought New Zealand was near denmark or newfoundland.... WAYYY off... it's southeast of australia

Santa Monika, People's Republik of Kalifornia...
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485
    i thought New Zealand was near denmark or newfoundland
    That's Nederlands, also known as Holland (although Holland is just a region of Nederlands) Amsterdam is in Nederlands...

Shibby,
    I`d be glad to help if I can. PM me his name and what ever details youve got and I`ll see what I can find out. Jetskis aren`t really scarce down here but the RX DI didn`t sell well here so there isn`t a lot of that model available. Jetski`s are expensive down here though and quite a few second hand ones get imported from the U.S. and Japan but more often its guys bringing in a container full of them not one at a time. A new RXT is $24990.00 retail plus a trailer. An 04 RXP with 65 hrs is for sale down the road for $18995.00 and a 99 GS Two seater is $9995.00. I found a 02 RX DI with 96 hrs on it at another dealer for $12995.00. Our dollar is not worth as much as the U.S. we get $0.69c U.S. for $1.00 N.Z. but even working in the exchange rate ski`s are expensive. This guy could be quite genuine and as long as you get your money before you let the ski go you should be alright. I'd get him to do a telegraphic transfer (T.T.) that way its real money in your bank account and can`t be taken back. With Paypal you will get charged about 5% commision which adds up on the price of a ski. Hope this helps,if I can do anything else just let me know.

+1
    Hey shiddy,I sold my gtx di and my rx di to someone in new zealand last year.It was done with my dealer which worked out very good.Do you have a name,it could be the same person.

Quote Originally Posted by 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485
    i thought New Zealand was near denmark or newfoundland
    That's Nederlands, also known as Holland (although Holland is just a region of Nederlands) Amsterdam is in Nederlands...
    Isn't Amsterdam the place where you can legally get high at the public bars?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information