Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Here is my Mods list, What am I missing or got wrong.

So here are the parts I am ordering for my new FZR.

R&D Intake Grate for 2014 + FZ SVHO
    R&D Pump Seal Kit for R&D 2014 FZ SVHO Intake Grate
    R&D Ride Plate for 2014 + FZ SVHO
    RIVA Engine Cooling Upgrade for Riva Power Cooler 2011+
    RIVA Intake Manifold Upgrade Kit for Supercharged Skis
    RIVA FZ/FX Performance Power Filter Kit
    RIVA FX-SHO/FZ 'GEN-2' Power Cooler Kit
    Lucky 13 Adjustable Pump Cone for OEM Yamaha SVHO Pump
    Motec M130 + GPS & Wide band

The two items I still have to make up my mind on are the BOV, either stick with HKS or get adapter for TIAL. And the exhaust, not sure if just go with the free flow pipe or the the full rear exhaust kit. Either way will also be adding Riva O2 sensor mount for the wideband.

So what am I missing or should not have picked. I was not sure on the tunnel reinforcement and billet backing plates. Are they a real PIA to do? Needed?

Thanks

+1
    Hey, I also made a list of parts i hope to soon purchase for my Fzs svho.
    The only things that I had different on my list were riva engine breather, hks bov, cocoa pump tunnel reinforcement, gen 3 supercharger shaft, riva valve train upgrade, pro series head gasket and a last drop oil extractor.
    Im sure there will be other things people will recommend.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentShooter View Post
    So what am I missing or should not have picked. I was not sure on the tunnel reinforcement and billet backing plates. Are they a real PIA to do? Needed?

Thanks
    What are your top speed goals?
    Also what type of water do you mostly ride in, rough or smooth?

+1
    Well based on my history of cars and boats my top speed goals will be what ever the hardware can do and my wallet will support. Every vehicle I have owned has gotten performance mods before they were a week old and my last boat was a Fountain with twin whippled merc 525efi's.

As far as water conditions probably both smooth and rough. Both the Gulf and the Ocean will be seen lots as I am in Miami and have a place in Siesta Key.

I figure this summer will be mostly the easier bolt on mods and then when things start cooling down I might start in on valve train (Does Yamaha instantly void your warranty if you add better springs/retainers I am all for upgrades that increase the failure safety margin but not if they instantly void the warranty) and other mods.

A new impeller will probably be also in the cards just waiting to see some results from others that have more experience with them to see what the recommended pitch would be.

Also will probably send my Stock ride plate out to be modified once testing results come back on the jim's modifications.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange FZS View Post
    Hey, I also made a list of parts i hope to soon purchase for my Fzs svho.
    The only things that I had different on my list were riva engine breather, hks bov, cocoa pump tunnel reinforcement, gen 3 supercharger shaft, riva valve train upgrade, pro series head gasket and a last drop oil extractor.
    Im sure there will be other things people will recommend.
    Oil extractor will be purchased prior to first oil change as I will be going full synth. Engine breather probably will get added once I get comfortable with logging on the MoTeC just so I can see what effects it has, Probably will skip the head gasket as I am not looking to lift the heads anytime soon, if I lift the heads I am sure I would spend alot more on getting new rotating assembly, Head work, Cams, and anything else my wallet would hate. I am on the fence with the valve springs and retainers at this point. Depending on what RPM's I land on performance wise I might upgrade them sooner rather than later, guess it will depend on the impeller selection and overall performance.

This is my first ski since the 90's as I was spending most of my time on cars & boats, but with the amount of travel I do the Ski seems like a better fit for now as its overhead is a lot less then Performance Boating.

+1
    The billet backing plates are a must in my opinion and filling the transom with epoxy and 3m 5200. No more water in the hull and you get a chance to see the ski in some good places. The backing plates are not hard at all. Just the clean up is the worst of it imo

+1
    You're missing a Fizzle Y1000 Intercooler

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bryantjopplin View Post
    The billet backing plates are a must in my opinion and filling the transom with epoxy and 3m 5200. No more water in the hull and you get a chance to see the ski in some good places. The backing plates are not hard at all. Just the clean up is the worst of it imo
    Do you know of any videos or step by step threads on it. Rather see what it takes before I screw things up myself..

Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    You're missing a Fizzle Y1000 Intercooler
    Was debating it, but since I plan to use it in salt water I did like the removable core and anode features. I was hoping for a detailed comparison on your cooler vs the riva but saw that it was 5+ weeks out. With my addiction to modding things I can not wait that long for the upgraded IC, it was a difficult decision but the Riva is not that much more in terms of $$ but has proven performance so combined with those couple added features and the delay in performance comparison it gets the nod this time around.

+1
    Do you know of any videos or step by step threads on it. Rather see what it takes before I screw things up myself..
    Look at my build thread, it's not step by step but Alot of pictures. For the backing plates just remove everything in the back as possible. The drive shaft and pump have to come out but it's good so you can fill the voids in the transom. Literally remove ride plate, intake grate, pump with drive shaft, all exhaust parts, drive shaft sleeve (I would replace that as well with Riva's), then use a screw driver to pop the ride plate backing plates out from underneath, then you can try the same for the intake but I had to use a pair of channel locks and pull from the two edges on the inside which hang over.

+1
    Look at my build thread, it's not step by step but Alot of pictures. For the backing plates just remove everything in the back as possible. The drive shaft and pump have to come out but it's good so you can fill the voids in the transom. Literally remove ride plate, intake grate, pump with drive shaft, all exhaust parts, drive shaft sleeve (I would replace that as well with Riva's), then use a screw driver to pop the ride plate backing plates out from underneath, then you can try the same for the intake but I had to use a pair of channel locks and pull from the two edges on the inside which hang over.
    Sounds like something I might wait to do once temps start to cool down, as it probably would take me an entire weekend

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information