Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    2006 SeaDoo RXT Supercharger Upgrade to X model

    I have a 2006 SeaDoo RXT with:
    OPAS Block Off
    Riva Grate
    Riva Stage 1 Impeller + cone
    Riva cold air kit
    Riva Exhaust kit

    I'm looking at the kit the model x supercharger + injectors in the store. Does anybody know what I would need to install that? Are ECU modifications required to run bigger injectors in a RXT ecu? Also should I have a new waterbox or intercooler first?

    Thanks

    -Nick


  2. #2
    JFizzleJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    8,628
    +1
    808
    It's a good combo and shouldn't need anything else.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    663
    +1
    45
    I have a good low hour X charger here .

  4. #4
    Thanks for everybody's help! I got a line on a used x charger and in the meantime I bought a fizzle intercooler.

  5. #5
    imp0ster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    5,038
    +1
    672
    Now you have to watch your AFRs and put in a fuel controller like a adjustable(doesn't have to be referenced) FPR or a tuner. If you don't you'll chip a piston in a hurry

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Westchester,NY
    Posts
    172
    +1
    6
    If you just do the x-charger and 42s I believe you will be fine without anything else besides tweaking your impeller. If you put in the external IC you need a fuel pressure regulator and AFR gauge to adjust and monitor fuel. There are alot of good threads on here about the x-charger setup, seems pretty popular and easy to set up. I just did my RXT, first run on it today. Feels good but still need to break in motor.

  7. #7
    JFizzleJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    8,628
    +1
    808
    Or just set it up like a 255/260 stock ski...

    Quote Originally Posted by FDRXT View Post
    If you just do the x-charger and 42s I believe you will be fine without anything else besides tweaking your impeller. If you put in the external IC you need a fuel pressure regulator and AFR gauge to adjust and monitor fuel. There are alot of good threads on here about the x-charger setup, seems pretty popular and easy to set up. I just did my RXT, first run on it today. Feels good but still need to break in motor.
    Quote Originally Posted by imp0ster View Post
    Now you have to watch your AFRs and put in a fuel controller like a adjustable(doesn't have to be referenced) FPR or a tuner. If you don't you'll chip a piston in a hurry

  8. #8
    imp0ster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    5,038
    +1
    672
    Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    Or just set it up like a 255/260 stock ski...

    Quote Originally Posted by FDRXT View Post
    If you just do the x-charger and 42s I believe you will be fine without anything else besides tweaking your impeller. If you put in the external IC you need a fuel pressure regulator and AFR gauge to adjust and monitor fuel. There are alot of good threads on here about the x-charger setup, seems pretty popular and easy to set up. I just did my RXT, first run on it today. Feels good but still need to break in motor.
    Quote Originally Posted by imp0ster View Post
    Now you have to watch your AFRs and put in a fuel controller like a adjustable(doesn't have to be referenced) FPR or a tuner. If you don't you'll chip a piston in a hurry
    Need a X ECU for that and it's way more $$ but it will also be much more reliable and the AFRs will be damn accurate

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2006 seadoo rxt supercharged
    By Mark1215 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-27-2016, 10:24 AM
  2. Rxt supercharger upgrade
    By jh6398 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 05-12-2012, 07:21 PM
  3. FS 2006 Seadoo RXT Viper Red w/trailer $6000 OBO
    By peterob1 in forum Sea Doo 4Tec Skis
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-14-2012, 07:11 AM
  4. WTB 2006 Seadoo RXT Cover
    By gtile04 in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-05-2011, 02:24 AM
  5. 74.2MPH 2006 SeaDoo RXT - Warranty till June 2010
    By Gus13letter in forum Sea Doo 4Tec Skis
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 11-04-2008, 01:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •