Well im the new owner of two gp1300

I found an ad on craigslist after hunting for a cheap way to get on the water. I found a guy who was asking $5000 for two 2004 gprs. After contacting him he told me that one wasn't running. I was able to pick up the two skis for $3700. They both have 50hrs on them and cosmetically they are in great shape. The one ski was left for 6 months with salt water in it.

I took the broken one to my buddies who used to race and he tore it down. It has two seized pistons, seized crank and the throttle bodies are seized.
    I decided im going to try and resurrect the broken one. My question is can anyone guide me in a direction as far as rebuilding this motor. Does anyone have any tips on a rebuild like this? Even if I spend $2000 to get it running ill still be in a good spot.
    Last edited by djtroy; 04-19-2014 at 04:25 PM.

+1
    Hello and welcome to the Hulk. Sounds like you made a good find & purchase. There are several GP1300 owner/builders on here. The best and most knowledgeable person who can & will guide you is Rich @ WFO. He is the Yamaha 2 stroke "go to" guy. He can get & fine parts .... offer information on the many questions you will no doubt have. www.wfoperformance.net Good luck & keep all of us posted.

3. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by OzarkYamMonster View Post
    Hello and welcome to the Hulk. Sounds like you made a good find & purchase. There are several GP1300 owner/builders on here. The best and most knowledgeable person who can & will guide you is Rich @ WFO. He is the Yamaha 2 stroke "go to" guy. He can get & fine parts .... offer information on the many questions you will no doubt have. www.wfoperformance.net Good luck & keep all of us posted.
    Thanks for the lead. Ill def be sponging up all the info here. New hobbies are overwhelming especially when you have to rebuild a motor right from the start. Looking forward to building a couple really nice fast 2 smokers tho.

+1
    You'd be better off replacing the whole engine, I'd think. Always some going on Ebay. There's one selling now actually.
    You could always SBT it too, but most won't recommend that route

+1
    Hello again, I forgot there is a guy on here that has two 1390 engines ready to drop in. Both are modified & built to be fast. Do not know $$.

Quote Originally Posted by OzarkYamMonster View Post
    Hello again, I forgot there is a guy on here that has two 1390 engines ready to drop in. Both are modified & built to be fast. Do not know $$.

Yeah I was thinking about changing it up to something special. Ive been looking into the SHO conversion and im def interested in the 1390. If anyone knows who this guy is hit me up.

+1
    Welcome to the forum

Thread Information