Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

2004 seadoo gtx supercharged questions???

I just bought a 2004 seadoo gtx supercharged and it was running fine and then 3 days later it stopped. I took the spark plugs out and they have oil on them and some water. We hooked up the hose to the port to run it and it still wouldn't crank. Any ideas??

+1
    A little more info before someone can really help.

Did it stop running while you were riding it? Did you turn the hose on and then try to crank it? If so you need to start with at least pulling the plugs and see if it will crank. Pull the big black hose of the back on the supercharger and see if you can turn the charger wheel.

That will do for now.

Quote Originally Posted by 04gtxsc View Post
    A little more info before someone can really help.

Did it stop running while you were riding it? Did you turn the hose on and then try to crank it? If so you need to start with at least pulling the plugs and see if it will crank. Pull the big black hose of the back on the supercharger and see if you can turn the charger wheel.

That will do for now.
    we was trying to run it before puttin it in the water. We had the hose hooked up and then tried starting it. There is water in the oil too. We cannot spin the supercharger.
    Last edited by rmeeks1214; 04-19-2014 at 06:12 PM. Reason: More info

+1
    You have probably flooded the engine with water. Hose is turned on AFTER starting the engine, otherwise it fills up the waterbox and then goes into the engine.

Quote Originally Posted by brendanm View Post
    You have probably flooded the engine with water. Hose is turned on AFTER starting the engine, otherwise it fills up the waterbox and then goes into the engine.
    I am trying to change the oil now that I got it running. However the siphon is not getting much out

Quote Originally Posted by rmeeks1214 View Post
    I am trying to change the oil now that I got it running. However the siphon is not getting much out
    What would cause water in the oil?

+1
    Did you leave it on the hose not running? That will put water in the oil.

Did you leave it on the hose not running? That will put water in the oil.
    Yes that's where it's coming from then. I guess the best way to get it out us to siphon and do oil change?

+1
    There are a few posts on here about what to do. You will have to change the oil a few times and then do a boil off. Never have the hose going when ski is not running.

+1
    Ok this is what you do!!
    1- CHANGE OIL TWO OR TREE TIMES UNTIL THERE IS NO MORE MILKY OIL VISIBLE. (CHEAP OIL WILL DO)
    2- LOOSEN THE CARBON SEAL HAT BY REMOVING THE C CLIP AND PUSH IT FORWARD A LITTLE. (TO PREVENT CARBON SEAL DAMAGE)
    3- REMOVE THE OIL CAP AND DIP STICK LEAVE THEM OFF.
    4- PUT A SET OF NEW SPARK PLUGS AND START THE ENGINE AND SOON AFTER THE ENGINE IS RUNNING START THE WATER HOSE.
    5- ONCE THE ENGINE REACH AROUND 200F YOU WILL SEE WATER VAPOR COMING OUT OF THE OIL CAP AND DIP STCK.

DO THE BOILING PROCEDURE A FEW TIMES UNTIL YOU SEE NO MORE WATER VAPOR, NOW YOU CAN REPLACE THE OIL WITH GOOD OIL.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information