Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29
  1. #1
    bryantjopplin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Posts
    2,436
    +1
    163

    Adjustable sponsons questions

    Would the least aggressive setting on a sponson give the rear of the Ski like a walking left and right feel at higher speeds with light chop, wakes? It seems like either my bow is too high and it moves the rear left and right or my sponsons aren't down enough. Thanks


  2. #2
    mjh3ides's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Jupiter, Florida
    Posts
    6,799
    +1
    2,013
    At WOT the sponsons probably aren't in the water at all, even if you have them set down. At cruising speeds you might notice a little less stability though. I tried setting my Macc sponsons further forward to see if it would make the ski a little quicker reacting & noticed it started doing what you described at 50-60ish.

  3. #3
    bryantjopplin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Posts
    2,436
    +1
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    At WOT the sponsons probably aren't in the water at all, even if you have them set down. At cruising speeds you might notice a little less stability though. I tried setting my Macc sponsons further forward to see if it would make the ski a little quicker reacting & noticed it started doing what you described at 50-60ish.
    Yeah it seems to be over 60 when I notice it, I might try the most aggressive.

  4. #4
    1200 stx-r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    NWCT
    Posts
    2,517
    +1
    200
    Just be careful if u decide to turn quick....

  5. #5
    bryantjopplin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Posts
    2,436
    +1
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by 1200 stx-r View Post
    Just be careful if u decide to turn quick....
    I was thinking about it lol good thing I got Jet trim seat cover with aggressive grip lol. Might rip my skin tho lol

  6. #6
    SLAP~YA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Sunshine Coast, QLD
    Posts
    432
    +1
    74
    I've got TBM's on my fzr set the most aggressive... I was sort of disappointed when I ripped the steering full lock and didn't get launched off it just turned on a dime and I'm no meat head bench presser. I thought mac and tbm were the best you could get for aggressive.
    as mjh3ides said they aren't In the water at full noise.

  7. #7
    bryantjopplin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Posts
    2,436
    +1
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by SLAP~YA View Post
    I've got TBM's on my fzr set the most aggressive... I was sort of disappointed when I ripped the steering full lock and didn't get launched off it just turned on a dime and I'm no meat head bench presser. I thought mac and tbm were the best you could get for aggressive.
    as mjh3ides said they aren't In the water at full noise.
    I almost getting thrown off at low aggressive because I want to turn at 60 mph ha ha

  8. #8
    JohnAus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gold Coast, Aus
    Posts
    50
    +1
    2
    I got my r&d ones full aggressive and i know if i turn too quick im off it like superman flying off haha

  9. #9
    bryantjopplin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Posts
    2,436
    +1
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnAus View Post
    I got my r&d ones full aggressive and i know if i turn too quick im off it like superman flying off haha
    It slides like in not getting enough grip.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Minneapolis MN
    Posts
    835
    +1
    127
    I don't know what sponsons you're running but I had Macc Racing ones on my FZs. I didn't get sliding but I could only get the hull to turn if I chopped the throttle to set the bow, apply lock to the bars, and then get on the gas again. I had stock HP and it didn't turn as hard as I wanted. My opinion is that it is just not a good boat for "hard turning"- there's just too much loss of speed with the heavy load a turn puts on the motor. Take what you want from my observations.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Adjustable BOV Questions
    By MKaman in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 07-03-2008, 05:36 AM
  2. Riva Adjustable Sponsons For Sale!
    By GPR118 in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-30-2008, 01:34 PM
  3. Sponson question
    By MTRHEAD in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-05-2007, 07:13 PM
  4. HELP - R12x Shuts Off and adjust Idle Question
    By tomasga in forum Honda How To & FAQs
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-21-2007, 08:55 PM
  5. Sponson question
    By xlint89 in forum Polaris PWC Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-26-2006, 11:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •