Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31
  1. #1
    Dragdaddy71 Dragdaddy71's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Moline , IL
    Posts
    126
    +1
    1

    SVHO FZR results.

    First of all wow what a great ski! When I brought the ski home in Feb I started ordering parts over the next couple months so i never got to ride ski stock as it was too cold outside but it hit 60 degrees but 40 degree water yesterday so i took her out with these mods. The acceleration is fantastic but I know I need the re flash to get this ski to 80 plus mph.

    So far here is my list of upgrades

    Fizzle cooler
    shims removed under ride plate
    Riva intake
    Riva rear exhaust
    ribbon delete
    R&D cooling kit
    R&D intake grate

    So max speed ap says 72.4 was my best down river. Most of the time it was 70-71 mph. Seems a little slow compared to some on here for what I have done. I'm 185 and I had 1/3 tank after breaking it in and putting a couple of hours on it.

    Any great mods I'm missing here?


  2. #2
    Chupacobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    1,369
    +1
    408
    You need to get the bypass done "contact Dean" but with your mods you will be on the limiter so you will need the stock prop pitched.

    Once that is done expect to be anywhere from 73-74 easy with your weight.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Siesta Key, Fl
    Posts
    1,066
    +1
    155
    Took mine out again today and in Stock form using my phones GPS it maxed at 69.7mph in light chop in the ICW with almost full tank and me at 175. I need to get it on a lake or river with some glass and see what I can get as a top speed prior to installing the mods.

    I would bet that your 72mph is it sitting on the speed limiter set from the factory so without the bypass or ECU flash top speed will not change.

  4. #4
    Chupacobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    1,369
    +1
    408
    But he will be able to stay at that speed unlike now that it spikes at 72 then comes down to 68-69.

  5. #5
    Dragdaddy71 Dragdaddy71's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Moline , IL
    Posts
    126
    +1
    1
    Thanks for the comments guys. I will be getting a r3 re flash this week so that will all be taken care of and should unleash the beast being held back. Can't wait to ride it again.

  6. #6
    JROD06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    51
    +1
    3
    Please post result with flash because your mods are exact to what I will have this week minus the exhaust. I plan on ordering the flash next week once I get the fizzle and cooling kit installed. also are you going to do springs and retainers with R3? I want to go R3 but don't want to have to do springs just yet!!!

  7. #7
    JFizzleJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    8,628
    +1
    807
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragdaddy71 View Post
    Thanks for the comments guys. I will be getting a r3 re flash this week so that will all be taken care of and should unleash the beast being held back. Can't wait to ride it again.
    That's good news Rich, it will be exciting to see what it will do with the limiters gone!

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    174
    +1
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by JROD06 View Post
    Please post result with flash because your mods are exact to what I will have this week minus the exhaust. I plan on ordering the flash next week once I get the fizzle and cooling kit installed. also are you going to do springs and retainers with R3? I want to go R3 but don't want to have to do springs just yet!!!
    I'm in the same exact boat (pun intended...haha). I want to run the 8650 without messing with valve train. I spoke with Glen @ R&D just now trying to get an expert opinion. Like whats already been published on here and I just fail to WANT to believe it....the R2 is the correct tune for me and likely you. Glen has said that the wheel in these new boats is insanely large and surprised that Yamaha would put a wheel this size in for a stock boat.

    The old skis (2013 and prior) couldn't produce anywhere near the boost figures even if they turned the ski 10,000rpms. Totally different now with the SVHO. He said the R2 is the old R3.

    I am now 100% sold on the R2 and will run it until I want more down the road....I will then replace the wheel, valve train and happily pay the $150 bucks (or whatever it is) to have them re-program to R3.

    Hope this helps someone else on the fence about R2 vs R3.

    Just fyi...my mods will be:
    R2
    R&D Cooling
    R&D Intake Grate & Seal kit
    Riva Intake manifold ribbon delete
    Riva Air Intake
    Pump Tunnel Reinforcement
    Fizzle Cooler
    Tommy Jordan Exhaust mod (relatively free)

  9. #9
    JROD06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    51
    +1
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by BLACKSTI View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JROD06 View Post
    Please post result with flash because your mods are exact to what I will have this week minus the exhaust. I plan on ordering the flash next week once I get the fizzle and cooling kit installed. also are you going to do springs and retainers with R3? I want to go R3 but don't want to have to do springs just yet!!!
    I'm in the same exact boat (pun intended...haha). I want to run the 8650 without messing with valve train. I spoke with Glen @ R&D just now trying to get an expert opinion. Like whats already been published on here and I just fail to WANT to believe it....the R2 is the correct tune for me and likely you. Glen has said that the wheel in these new boats is insanely large and surprised that Yamaha would put a wheel this size in for a stock boat.

    The old skis (2013 and prior) couldn't produce anywhere near the boost figures even if they turned the ski 10,000rpms. Totally different now with the SVHO. He said the R2 is the old R3.

    I am now 100% sold on the R2 and will run it until I want more down the road....I will then replace the wheel, valve train and happily pay the $150 bucks (or whatever it is) to have them re-program to R3.

    Hope this helps someone else on the fence about R2 vs R3.

    Just fyi...my mods will be:
    R2
    R&D Cooling
    R&D Intake Grate & Seal kit
    Riva Intake manifold ribbon delete
    Riva Air Intake
    Pump Tunnel Reinforcement
    Fizzle Cooler
    Tommy Jordan Exhaust mod (relatively free)
    Thanks for providing this info!!! I will be almost exactly the same as your setup. I have all the mods listed already installed (well currently installing the fizzle and R&D cooling I hope arrives tomorrow) minus the pump tunnel reinforcement and not sure what the Tommy Jordan Exhaust Mod is? What did he say about the R2 without Springs and retainers? I know it is recommended but did he say it would be ok?

  10. #10
    Bushwick718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    197
    +1
    10
    Hey guys, im really new to the jet ski world, so im a fzr sv owner, i would like to do mods but dont want to void the warranty, i heard that the vtech flash could be done and it could be flash to stock if i have to bring it to the dealer for any warranty issues. Can a r2 go back to stock.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Jim's Cut SVHO FZR PLATE TEST RESULTS !!
    By SAL08HO in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 04-06-2015, 05:58 PM
  2. 13 FZR with Jims 14 svho fzr cut plate results!!
    By Slamdcoop0428 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-16-2014, 05:08 PM
  3. SVHO FZR Cavitation
    By ValBugi in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 05-28-2014, 12:26 PM
  4. SVHO Reflash Results
    By nashvegas in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-14-2014, 06:10 PM
  5. Oldman's modified FZR results
    By MPower in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 12-19-2011, 02:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •