Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

in need of an upholstery shop...

im looking for a shop to install the seat cover on my ski.. does anyone have any recommendations on the cheapest, good quality guy around Suffolk county long island?? preferably close to the Babylon area...

+1
    I have a guy on 110 in Farmingdale that did mine. He is actually an airplane upholsterer. Let me ask if he would be available to do the install then I'll give you his contact info. He does outstanding work and charges a fair price considering it was an unusually small job compared to what he normally does.

On the other hand if you have a compressor and air stapler I wouldn't mind lending a hand to get it done. I have a heat gun if needed.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by STUNNA View Post
    I have a guy on 110 in Farmingdale that did mine. He is actually an airplane upholsterer. Let me ask if he would be available to do the install then I'll give you his contact info. He does outstanding work and charges a fair price considering it was an unusually small job compared to what he normally does.

On the other hand if you have a compressor and air stapler I wouldn't mind lending a hand to get it done. I have a heat gun if needed.
    If your confident enough in our skills to get it done, I don't mind borrowing my uncles gun.. I've never done it before so it's really all up to you. Haha shoot me a text and well chat about it

+1

in need of an upholstery shop...

Actually.. I completely forgot I bought an air stapler a few years ago.. I'd only have to pick up staples

+1
    Make sure you buy stainless staples.
    The hardest part is pulling all the old staples.

Dont use stainless they will rust, you need the monel coated. Recovering seats is super easy. I just recovered 8 skis this week. If you dont wanna waste time removing all the old staples, just cut the old material roght up against the exist staples with a razor or sharpe knife. Itll leave a strip of fabric and the line of staples. You cant just staples right over the old ones...

+1
    Pliers a small flat head screw driver and 2 beers I'll get those staples out.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by STUNNA View Post
    Pliers a small flat head screw driver and 2 beers I'll get those staples out.
    I'll supply the beer this time.. Maybe a couple shots of hard liquor and I'll let you test fire the ar in the garage

+1
    now you're speaking my language lol but first i need to figure out which end the scary 30 cal bullet things come out of

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kwtony View Post
    Dont use stainless they will rust, you need the monel coated. Recovering seats is super easy. I just recovered 8 skis this week. If you dont wanna waste time removing all the old staples, just cut the old material roght up against the exist staples with a razor or sharpe knife. Itll leave a strip of fabric and the line of staples. You cant just staples right over the old ones...
    You must have got ahold of some cheap china stainless if yours rusted, I have stainless staples in my seat with no rust at all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information