Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Strange acting 4 tec...07 gti 155 se

The terminals on the starter sloenoid were a tad corroded the other day, so i pulled each wire off individually to sand them down and make them perfect again. Ever since cleaning the terminals the ski has been acting very strange since. The ski wouldnt start and run at all the entire day of cleaning terminals and eventually started 2 days later with an idle of 23xx rpms. Now the ski is running a little lower but will shut down after a few minuets of riding. Youll be cruising along, and then BAM engine off. I can start it right back up and go again, till it dies after 30 seconds....any suggestions

Bump

+1
    check the motor grounds on the front side of the motor

+1
    If you had corrosion on the solenoid wires chances are you have corrosion on the ground wires to the engine. I would ck the grounds and also ck all of the wiring. Bad grounds will def create some whacky symptoms like you are having.

That's the thing, they didn't have corrosion on the contacts, only the top of the nut that holds the connector down did. Connecttions were perfect. I will check the motor grounds today. I have the manual but are there any specific areas I should look first or are they obvious grounds?

+1
    1 of wires you cleaned came loose on the other end of the connection.
    Just a guess...

Well i only cleaned two wires and took them on and off one at a time. They were put back on properly, will be at the shop soon to check the grounds

+1
    I had similar issues with a doo and it ended up being a bad ecu.
    It was a 09 gti 130.

Check the contacts on the ecu for corrosion.

i always give the cables a fair tug, to see if the lugs or cable is broken, same goes with the 2 smaller red wires moulded into the battery cable, they almost always corrode on these skis

Was really busy yesterday and didnt even get a chance to pop the seat. I appreciate all the responses and will thoroughly go through the ski and check everything. Today we are actually taking part in a video shoot for a 'travel channel like' show being filmed out at Melody Key in front of my jet ski rental in the Keys. Its been featured on many tlc, travel channel, and hgtv. This is for a french tv show to be aired in belgium, germany, france and a few other countries. They are to showcase the island and activities around.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information