Thread: GP1300R Battery

+1

GP1300R Battery

Hey guys,

Just had a couple batteries die over the winter. Looking to get replacements. I was going to buy the Power Supply units but saw another dry cell with 18 month warranty. Have you guys tried the Pirate Batteries they are approximately $20 cheaper with a 18 month warranty. What are your thoughts? Any information helps.

Thanks!

+1
    Never heard of pirate but I bought a Wal-Mart AGM battery over 3 years ago and it has been flawless. Never seen a charger once, even in the winter. Whatever you do make sure you get an AGM battery, the vibration and abuse they take in PWC's destroys the regular lead acid types after a year or two.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by RevTo13g View Post
    ... Just had a couple batteries die over the winter. Looking to get replacements. I was going to buy the Power Supply units but saw another dry cell with 18 month warranty. Have you guys tried the Pirate Batteries they are approximately $20 cheaper with a 18 month warranty. What are your thoughts? Any information helps...
    A warranty will not get you home when the engine does not start in the middle of the water.

My suggestion is to not buy the cheapest battery you can find. Instead, buy the BEST battery available. Install it, treat it properly, and you can expect it to perform for years.

Deka manufactured factory sealed AGM batteries are my preference. Excellent durability, strong starting power, well made. Sold under the Deka brand and also sold with a number of other brand names. Recognizable by the red plastic cap on the battery post with two brass ring spacers and two screws.

Search on GreenHulk for Deka ETX16 for more comments and accolades.
    Last edited by K447; 04-22-2014 at 04:00 PM.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RevTo13g View Post
    ... Just had a couple batteries die over the winter. Looking to get replacements. I was going to buy the Power Supply units but saw another dry cell with 18 month warranty. Have you guys tried the Pirate Batteries they are approximately $20 cheaper with a 18 month warranty. What are your thoughts? Any information helps...
    A warranty will not get you home when the engine does not start in the middle of the water.

My suggestion is to not buy the cheapest battery you can find. Instead, buy the BEST battery available. Install it, treat it properly, and you expect it to perform for years.

Deka manufactured factory sealed AGM batteries are my preference. Excellent durability, strong starting power, well made. Sold under the Deka brand and also sold with a number of other brand names. Recognizable by the red plastic cap on the battery post with two brass ring spacers and two screws.

Search on GreenHulk for Deka ETX16 for more comments and accolades.
    +1,000,000,000

+1
    Thanks, I'll definitely look it up.

+1
    Hey RevTo13g, how are you liking your GP1300 ? What year do you have ? O - yes welcome to the Hulk

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by OzarkYamMonster View Post
    Hey RevTo13g, how are you liking your GP1300 ? What year do you have ? O - yes welcome to the Hulk

I love the GP1300R. I like pretty much everything about it speed, style, and handling. Only thing is gas mileage. I also have a built 1390. Next on my list is to do a conversion. Prefer a SHO engine but will probably do an RXP. What do you currently ride?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	115.3 KB 
ID:	327479Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (1).JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	105.5 KB 
ID:	327480

Thread Information