Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: GP1300R Battery

  1. #1
    RevTo13g's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    10
    +1
    1

    GP1300R Battery

    Hey guys,

    Just had a couple batteries die over the winter. Looking to get replacements. I was going to buy the Power Supply units but saw another dry cell with 18 month warranty. Have you guys tried the Pirate Batteries they are approximately $20 cheaper with a 18 month warranty. What are your thoughts? Any information helps.

    Thanks!


  2. #2
    Almost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Cape May, NJ
    Posts
    778
    +1
    73
    Never heard of pirate but I bought a Wal-Mart AGM battery over 3 years ago and it has been flawless. Never seen a charger once, even in the winter. Whatever you do make sure you get an AGM battery, the vibration and abuse they take in PWC's destroys the regular lead acid types after a year or two.

  3. #3
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,596
    +1
    1,276
    Quote Originally Posted by RevTo13g View Post
    ... Just had a couple batteries die over the winter. Looking to get replacements. I was going to buy the Power Supply units but saw another dry cell with 18 month warranty. Have you guys tried the Pirate Batteries they are approximately $20 cheaper with a 18 month warranty. What are your thoughts? Any information helps...
    A warranty will not get you home when the engine does not start in the middle of the water.

    My suggestion is to not buy the cheapest battery you can find. Instead, buy the BEST battery available. Install it, treat it properly, and you can expect it to perform for years.

    Deka manufactured factory sealed AGM batteries are my preference. Excellent durability, strong starting power, well made. Sold under the Deka brand and also sold with a number of other brand names. Recognizable by the red plastic cap on the battery post with two brass ring spacers and two screws.

    Search on GreenHulk for Deka ETX16 for more comments and accolades.
    Last edited by K447; 04-22-2014 at 04:00 PM.


  4. #4
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee WI
    Posts
    16,708
    +1
    1,324
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RevTo13g View Post
    ... Just had a couple batteries die over the winter. Looking to get replacements. I was going to buy the Power Supply units but saw another dry cell with 18 month warranty. Have you guys tried the Pirate Batteries they are approximately $20 cheaper with a 18 month warranty. What are your thoughts? Any information helps...
    A warranty will not get you home when the engine does not start in the middle of the water.

    My suggestion is to not buy the cheapest battery you can find. Instead, buy the BEST battery available. Install it, treat it properly, and you expect it to perform for years.

    Deka manufactured factory sealed AGM batteries are my preference. Excellent durability, strong starting power, well made. Sold under the Deka brand and also sold with a number of other brand names. Recognizable by the red plastic cap on the battery post with two brass ring spacers and two screws.

    Search on GreenHulk for Deka ETX16 for more comments and accolades.
    +1,000,000,000

  5. #5
    RevTo13g's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    10
    +1
    1
    Thanks, I'll definitely look it up.

  6. #6
    OzarkYamMonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Lake Of The Ozarks
    Posts
    2,152
    +1
    295
    Hey RevTo13g, how are you liking your GP1300 ? What year do you have ? O - yes welcome to the Hulk

  7. #7
    RevTo13g's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    10
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by OzarkYamMonster View Post
    Hey RevTo13g, how are you liking your GP1300 ? What year do you have ? O - yes welcome to the Hulk

    I love the GP1300R. I like pretty much everything about it speed, style, and handling. Only thing is gas mileage. I also have a built 1390. Next on my list is to do a conversion. Prefer a SHO engine but will probably do an RXP. What do you currently ride?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	115.3 KB 
ID:	327479Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (1).JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	105.5 KB 
ID:	327480

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2007 GP1300R: Battery Charged Intermittent Issues
    By Cashito in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-03-2016, 07:11 AM
  2. gp1300r not charging battery
    By retro in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-24-2011, 07:51 PM
  3. GP1300R Best Sealed Battery for the Price
    By Yimihemi1200 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-24-2011, 05:13 PM
  4. WTB gp1300r battery
    By Horus in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-21-2010, 01:16 PM
  5. New AGM Battery code 19 charging system still doesnt work on gp1300r
    By djpeetur in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-15-2010, 05:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •