+1

Octanes available for purchase? Looking for clean Octane for sale

Well I was going to travel to for a clean octane. Been in touch with the guy, just told him it would be a few weeks before I could make the ten hour drive. Drives don't bug me for something clean. Went to canada to get my mint 2000 785. Anyways probably should of put a down payment on it. I just told him keep in touch if anything comes up and I will do the same. I guess I understand money talks and it was there before me. So that sucks. Not gonna lie, pretty bummed. Oh well.

Anywho. Anyone have an octane for sale. Also what honestly do you guys think is a good price for a ten year old octane. Went knew for 8k new. Kbb lists them for like 2500. I know kbb isn't that reliable and it is rare, but I've seen some go for like 4500... Thoughts.
    Last edited by K447; 04-23-2014 at 11:04 AM. Reason: thread title

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerminator View Post
    Anywho. Anyone have an octane for sale. Also what honestly do you guys think is a good price for a ten year old octane. Went knew for 8k new. Kbb lists them for like 2500. I know kbb isn't that reliable and it is rare, but I've seen some go for like 4500... Thoughts.
    Unlike our sit-down ski's, I'm pretty sure the Octane is still relevant in the stand-up world. I think it still compares with newer models (not much technology advancement)

+1
    Yeah I agree with what you have to say Casey. But 4500 for a 11 year old ski.... Just seems a lot. Have to pay to play. But man...They were 8k new.

+1
    For 4500, spend 500 more and get yourself a good superjet that isn't gremlin ridden. For what you will have to put into the octane just to get it running your better off with a 2010 superjet. How do I know this you ask? I spent a couple month searching myself and ended up with a 2010 superjet.

+1
    I agree with you x. 4500 is salty. Plus to go through it all with cleaning carbs and fuel lines...and it's a ten year old ski. Who knows what could of happened to it and if it's all hacked up. I've never rode an octane let alone seen one in person, but it's my understanding that they don't turn or lean in like the kawasakis or superjet. Which I have rode both and prefer the leaning turning characteristics of the kawi. Thing is I'm a polaris guy at heart and an octane would match my pro 785.. And the octanes just look bad ass. So the search continues.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerminator View Post
    I agree with you x. 4500 is salty. Plus to go through it all with cleaning carbs and fuel lines...and it's a ten year old ski. Who knows what could of happened to it and if it's all hacked up. I've never rode an octane let alone seen one in person, but it's my understanding that they don't turn or lean in like the kawasakis or superjet. Which I have rode both and prefer the leaning turning characteristics of the kawi. Thing is I'm a polaris guy at heart and an octane would match my pro 785.. And the octanes just look bad ass. So the search continues.
    I would only get an octane if you can pick it up for well under 1k. You mentioned kawi, don't even bother looking at the sxi 750, the prices people want for a 15+ year old ski are stupid. By me the range is 2500-3200. Just go straight to a sxr or superjet if you are looking to spend some $$. Ended up driving 10 hours round trip for mine from LI to PA, was worth it!

+1
    Yes it honestly blows my mind what people are asking for these skis. What really floors me is the superjet has had the same overall design since 1996. They tweaked the hull I guess in 2008, but it's virtually an unchanged ski. At one time I think you could get them new for around 5k. Now Msrp on a 14 is 8500. Local dealer said they sold one new out the door with freight prep and everything for 10k. wtf!!!! Crazy money for something that is unchanged for so long.
    And I have rode an sxr. Not much time on it, but I liked the hull on the sxr.

Just looking for something stock and reliable to mess around on. Still like the look of the octane but not for 4500 lol

Thread Information