+1

Looking to buy a 2006 Yamaha FX High Output???????

Hey guys,

So currently i have a 2003 Yamaha XLT 1200, but looking at getting a 2006 Yamaha FX HO, found one that has 80 hours on it, really clean, no dings or scratches, aluminum trailer, for $5200. I think its a great deal, but wanted to see what you guys thought and what I should look for when I take a look at it in couple of days? Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Arslan D.

+1
    As for the price it all depends where you live I guess. Maybe I'm over simplifying things but what I would do is ride for at least 10 minutes and make sure you get ~10000rpm for few minutes running wot and obviously the wearing and impeller and cosmetics. You will love the ski I have two of 08 fx ho's in my mind they are best skis yamaha made for those who want comfort fuel economy and a good overall performer

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ArslanD View Post
    Hey guys,

So currently i have a 2003 Yamaha XLT 1200, but looking at getting a 2006 Yamaha FX HO, found one that has 80 hours on it, really clean, no dings or scratches, aluminum trailer, for $5200. I think its a great deal, but wanted to see what you guys thought and what I should look for when I take a look at it in couple of days? Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Arslan D.
    Kinda high imo. Just sold a friend's Kawasaki ultra 250x 40hrs with a trailer for 5k.

+1
    Depends like they said. Last season saw 2 sell for 3700 and 3900.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DonHy View Post
    As for the price it all depends where you live I guess. Maybe I'm over simplifying things but what I would do is ride for at least 10 minutes and make sure you get ~10000rpm for few minutes running wot and obviously the wearing and impeller and cosmetics. You will love the ski I have two of 08 fx ho's in my mind they are best skis yamaha made for those who want comfort fuel economy and a good overall performer
    Quote Originally Posted by bryantjopplin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ArslanD View Post
    Hey guys,

Thanks

Arslan D.
    Kinda high imo. Just sold a friend's Kawasaki ultra 250x 40hrs with a trailer for 5k.
    Quote Originally Posted by leejax01 View Post
    Depends like they said. Last season saw 2 sell for 3700 and 3900.
    Thank you guys for the replies,

I live in Chicago, and the ski is in Green Bay, Wisconsin. So it is a fresh water ski, i figured for 5k with only 80hrs and a triton aluminum trailer its cheap, because others are selling them over 6500 around here. I will do a compression test, and a flush kit to make sure it comes up easy and doesnt bog down. Riding right now is not a option as the water temp is freezing and not going to risk it. I think the compression test will prove alot. I keep hearing alot of great things about hese skis so hope its all true, if i do get it, I am looking at purchasing either RIVA Stage I or R&D Stage I kit and hopefully that will give me what I am after. Coming from a XLT 1200, i cant imagine it being worse.

+1
    Donhy pretty much hit it on the head. Great all around ski and very reliable.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by yamacruiser View Post
    Donhy pretty much hit it on the head. Great all around ski and very reliable.
    Thanks. Hope this deal works out. I know Yamaha's are reliable my XLT sat uncovered outside for 3 years and I purchased it rebuilt the carb ran like a dream, impressive.

Thread Information