Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Et18 love it

+1

Et18 love it

Hey guys just changed to to et18 from the e1 will and wow such a hard hitting power which I can not get enough of it's really made my ski. I'm at 82 mph full tank rpm is 8414 and can still go to 8650 which is my limit. The ski cav really bad now and was think of a lucky 13 cone and maybe a ppk kit. Is this what most are running.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Rpm seems low what's your hull setup?

+1
    [email protected] grate vx ride plate with no speedo

+1
    Afr are 11.2 wot

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by fzsaust View Post
    Afr are 11.2 wot
    You're going to need lots of air with that wheel. I had never had a problem with this with previous wheels (e1 and et 15.5). When making the switch to et18, my ski would start out with a hard pull and afr of 12.1 and then after like 4 to 5 seconds of a wot run you can feel the power diminish (like if I was letting off the gas or braking) and my afr would be 11.2-11.4. I had no idea what it could be. I finally ended up taking off the seat and gained nearly 140 rpms and over 1.5mph with no hesitation! The best thing to do is hook up the factory ventilation tubes directly the the vent hole in the cowling and attach hose to your intake to get rid of this problem. You can also look into this setup: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-WaveR...7273fe&vxp=mtr

+1
    You'll be pissed when I stroll on by!

7. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by yamahamiamiski View Post
    Afr are 11.2 wot
    You're going to need lots of air with that wheel. I had never had a problem with this with previous wheels (e1 and et 15.5). When making the switch to et18, my ski would start out with a hard pull and afr of 12.1 and then after like 4 to 5 seconds of a wot run you can feel the power diminish (like if I was letting off the gas or braking) and my afr would be 11.2-11.4. I had no idea what it could be. I finally ended up taking off the seat and gained nearly 140 rpms and over 1.5mph with no hesitation! The best thing to do is hook up the factory ventilation tubes directly the the vent hole in the cowling and attach hose to your intake to get rid of this problem. You can also look into this setup: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-WaveRunner-FZR-FZS-FX-SHO-Power-Cool-4-Billet-Air-Filter-Intake-Kit-/271395746814?pt=Personal_Watercraft_Parts&hash=ite m3f307273fe&vxp=mtr
    Cheers for that I did notice the lack in pull up top but thought it was me I will try what u said thankyou

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by yamahamiamiski View Post
    Afr are 11.2 wot
    You're going to need lots of air with that wheel. I had never had a problem with this with previous wheels (e1 and et 15.5). When making the switch to et18, my ski would start out with a hard pull and afr of 12.1 and then after like 4 to 5 seconds of a wot run you can feel the power diminish (like if I was letting off the gas or braking) and my afr would be 11.2-11.4. I had no idea what it could be. I finally ended up taking off the seat and gained nearly 140 rpms and over 1.5mph with no hesitation! The best thing to do is hook up the factory ventilation tubes directly the the vent hole in the cowling and attach hose to your intake to get rid of this problem. You can also look into this setup: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-WaveRunner-FZR-FZS-FX-SHO-Power-Cool-4-Billet-Air-Filter-Intake-Kit-/271395746814?pt=Personal_Watercraft_Parts&hash=ite m3f307273fe&vxp=mtr
    Cheers for that I did notice the lack in pull up top but thought it was me I will try what u said thankyou
    You're welcome. Try to target your afr between 11.9-12.2 for best results..good luck!

+1
    What impeller? What pitch? 160 or 155? If it is 155 you must upgrade to 160mm and you will still have about 3- 5 cavitations. The Lucky 13 works but that ET18 has a lot of power. I suggest a twin and the lucky 13 or opt for a big pump with twin. It is a domino effect, you cant just bolt in a larger wheel and not expect to do other mods. As mentioned it needs more air too and lots of it!
    Check out my build thread, I have a lot of good info along the way.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus13letter View Post
    What impeller? What pitch? 160 or 155? If it is 155 you must upgrade to 160mm and you will still have about 3- 5 cavitations. The Lucky 13 works but that ET18 has a lot of power. I suggest a twin and the lucky 13 or opt for a big pump with twin. It is a domino effect, you cant just bolt in a larger wheel and not expect to do other mods. As mentioned it needs more air too and lots of it!
    Check out my build thread, I have a lot of good info along the way.
    hey Gus yes i have read your build i have the 155 with a 13/26 midrange pull is fun.i was think of upgrading to a 2014 pump and maybe a twin prop?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information