Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

+1

Rxp-x 260 can't get past 6000-6500 rpm

Hi guys.

My mates 2013 260 can't push past around 6000-6500 rpm ( seems like it's missing)

The boost gauge is showing about half way and it gets to around 40-50miles an hour and just sits there,

if you through it into a turn under full throttle it bogs down so it's missing power down low as well.

To to date we have tried a new pump with prop just to test it and it made no difference.

No fault codes

we also swap the standard intercooler for another standard cooler that was removed not leaking,
    I will note that both coolers had no water going into the intake before each ride but both coolers did blow water into the intake on the hose after a ride. This was a fair bit of water and may have been condensation but it can't be replicated on the hose if the ski hasn't been out.

Im im going to check the intake pipe to make sure it's not getting sucked closed.

one other thing is that it's an Australian ski but the dash is showing miles and not Km's does anyone know if this can be changed or does that mean the person who he bought it off had swapped something to a us part?

Any my idea what else we should be checking?

thanks

+1
    It's possible that the supercharger is slipping and causing your issue, i would remove it and check the slip on it first, and for showing miles on the dash and not Km's i'm pretty sure you can change it in the settings in the dash, the owner's manual should explain

You can change the gauges to metric. Take it to your dealer and they will sort it. I think its lazy that the dealers here in Aus sell skis to us without doing the gauges. You have to take it back and ask.

Banned User
    +1
    I'm thinking the SC is the issue...

Pull the intake hose that feeds the front of the SC...reach in with 2 fingers, and try to spin the wheel...

If it spins with barely any resistance, or spins at all...then the slip needs to be reset.

Hopefully its just a low slip, and the SC gear and parts are still intact...

HOWEVER, since it has been ridden like this for some time while you tried other resolutions.....then the entire SC will definitely need to be rebuilt...as the gear, clutches, and shaft have been burning up from slipping...

+1
    You stated it seems like its missing....when was the last time you changed the spark plugs...

6. +1 by:

+1
    I was thinking sparkugs, bad coil or a bad connection at the coil. Have seen the coils pushed down so hard where it didn't allow good connection and acted like that.

+1
    Thanks for the replys

The ski had 22 hours on it and I don't think the plugs have been changed but we have inspected them and they looked good, will put another set in to make sure,

We did try to spin the supercharger wheel it didn't turn but we didn't put much pressure on it. It was just to see if it would free spin.

looks like the charger and could are on the to do list this weekend

+1
    From what I understand, most of the newer Seadoo's, the SC will start to slip around 20 hrs. My 2012 started slipping at about 18 hrs. WFO reset the slip and all has been well for another 80+ hrs.

+1
    My slip went down to about 3 # by 20 hours. Pull the charger and ck it regardless......

+1
    We had 5 mins to look at it this morning. The wheel doesn't seem to move when trying to turn it. There is a bit of yellow corrosion around the 4 inch inlet that's difficult to remove.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information