Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

05 rxp turns over but will not start

05 Rxp will not start. No error codes 2 beeps tries to start but will not run. Changed everything I can think of. Checked timing with locking tools also.

Hello, is there pressurized fuel in fuelrail ? Checked for spark ?

+1
    check the usual, spark--fuel--battery--dess post--

+1
    Did it just quit and then wouldn't start? Was anything replaced or worked on just prior to it not starting?

+1
    I have spark even replaced the coils and new set of plugs. I have compression 140 just installed new set of rings and pistons. Hasn't ran since I installed the pistons. I have fuel out of all three injectors also replaced. Tried different ecu and mpem all the sensors except for the cps have been changed. Timing check with tools. Tested cps while cranking show 300rpms under load on display. 2vac-226ohms. Trying a different rocker arm shaft tonight. Had an 05 shaft but the head is a 06 head. Still have the oil jet in place but will remove when I can figure out this starting issue. Also replace the starter,battery, and solenoid

+1
    How old is the fuel

+1
    I just emptied the tank and put fresh gas in and no difference. It will try to start but won't run. But with starting fluid it won't even try. I hoping that the rocker arm shaft is the issue by holding the valves open since I couldnt get a leak down test to work until I took the rocker arm shaft out.

Banned User
    +1
    Do a compression test, that will tell you if the valves are open.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by xsmitty View Post
    I have spark even replaced the coils and new set of plugs. I have compression 140 just installed new set of rings and pistons. Hasn't ran since I installed the pistons. I have fuel out of all three injectors also replaced. Tried different ecu and mpem all the sensors except for the cps have been changed. Timing check with tools. Tested cps while cranking show 300rpms under load on display. 2vac-226ohms. Trying a different rocker arm shaft tonight. Had an 05 shaft but the head is a 06 head. Still have the oil jet in place but will remove when I can figure out this starting issue. Also replace the starter,battery, and solenoid
    Dont run it with the oil jet still in the block, unless u keep the 05 rocker shaft. the oil pressure is needed to pump up the lifters, to open the valves fully.

also, when u put the piston @ TDC, was it #3 cyl (closest to the fuel tank)??

Did the crank gear timing mark line up with the mark on the balance shaft?

Did u verify with both locking tools in place, that the cam gear lines are almost even with the head?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by psycho rxp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by xsmitty View Post
    Dont run it with the oil jet still in the block, unless u keep the 05 rocker shaft. the oil pressure is needed to pump up the lifters, to open the valves fully.

also, when u put the piston @ TDC, was it #3 cyl (closest to the fuel tank)?? Yes

Did the crank gear timing mark line up with the mark on the balance shaft? Yes

Did u verify with both locking tools in place, that the cam gear lines are almost even with the head? Yes
    As mentioned above timing verified with both locking tools in place.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information