Riding SHO FZR WOT

Hello everyone!
    I have a quick question. I have always been told to never hold any jetski, quad, or anything WOT for long. On my GPR i would hold it maybe 5 seconds tops. I keep reading about riding the SHOs or four strokes WOT for extended periods. IS this safe? Do you guys hold your skis WOT? Just got my frz a few weeks ago and its completely stock. Also please chime in on how many hours you have, i', only at 12!
    Thanks guys!

+1
    As long as your air/fuel ratio, EGT's, and cooling system are good you should be able to hold it WOT all day long

Quote Originally Posted by eddyfzr350 View Post
    Hello everyone!
    I have a quick question. I have always been told to never hold any jetski, quad, or anything WOT for long. On my GPR i would hold it maybe 5 seconds tops. I keep reading about riding the SHOs or four strokes WOT for extended periods. IS this safe? Do you guys hold your skis WOT? Just got my frz a few weeks ago and its completely stock. Also please chime in on how many hours you have, i', only at 12!
    Thanks guys!

+1
    As long as the AFR is good and the water is smooth, hold it as long as you want. If the ski is unmodded, your AFR will be good. If the water is rough, you don't want to hold it if you're coming unhooked or it will wear out the supercharger clutch.

+1
    All three of my HO engines (HO, SHO and SVHO) have been essentially stock, ride them WOT endlessly at times... They love it, and just get better and better....

They seem to really loosen up at 15-20 hours. Keep in mind that WOT on a stock 1.8 engine is nowhere near its potential, or I suppose, a theoretical "red line"...

5. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by zone5 View Post
    All three of my HO engines (HO, SHO and SVHO) have been essentially stock, ride them WOT endlessly at times... They love it, and just get better and better....

They seem to really loosen up at 15-20 hours. Keep in mind that WOT on a stock 1.8 engine is nowhere near its potential, or I suppose, a theoretical "red line"...

Thanks, everyone.
    How many hours are they up to?

+1
    Pin it!

8. +1 by:

+1
    Current one is still less than ten, it's brand new... Now that it's past manufacturer break that's how I finish it off - lots of WOT. My others got sold before getting above 30 ish hours, but if you are worried about WOT shortening the life of the engine, don't... it's not that kind of situation... Others will probably chime in here to back this up.

+1
    I have 127 hours on my FX and 98 on my FZR. Original SC clutches in both. I thought the clutch was going out on my FZR a couple weeks ago, but put about 8 hours on last weekend with no problems.

Thread Information